.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

June 29, 2009

Be Informed!

You probably think that when I say "be informed" I am going to have something profound to report. Well, I don't. I just have some useful information for those of us who have teens, or are around teens.

I noticed that lately there is a lot of terms used by teens, and in the music they listen to, that I don't know the meaning of.

Now for my profound information! I have discovered two websites which help with finding the meaning of these terms.

The first website is http://www.lyrics.com.
On this site you can look up any song to see the lyrics.

The second site is where you can look up all the words and terms that you would like to know the meaning of, but are obviously not in your normal dictionary ~ here comes the Urban Dictionary! http://www.urbandictionary.com.
*Please Note* If you are easily offended DON'T go there!

I looked up the song "Fire Burning" by Sean Kingston.



I wanted to find the correct spelling of "shawty" which is used many times in this song, so that I could then look up the meaning. Thankfully, I now know that this is NOT a term that I want to be using.

I am feeling a bit silly this morning so I've decided that to be funny I am going to use a term from the Urban Dictionary a few times today to see what the reaction is from my daughter Taryne who is 14. The term I have chosen seems to be a simple one ~ "bronormous" which means a very large bro, and appears easy enough for me to remember and use.

This should get a great reaction! I'll report the results later!

On a more serious note I have finally completed a two-page vacation scrapbook layout which I hope to list on Etsy today. I am also almost finished with another page as well, which is a page that gives you a way to include yourself within your scrapbook. I'll be sharing these later.

Happy Monday!
Paula
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. We have 3 kids and my hubby and I listen to their music, read their books, and watch their shows. We seem pretty cool to them but we are just staying informed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha nice! I am a teen myself and sometimes have to use the urban dictionary. If you are not easily offended try typing in your name, they usually are pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was up shawty?! I love the urban directory.... many a giggle I have had looking up things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, it is so nice to see a parent so interested in her child and also interested enough to keep one step ahead of her so that you are never taken by surprise.

    Looking forward to your little experiment.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen sister! Sometimes jumping into their world is the best thing a parent can do...even if you end up looking a little goofy (: Ah...parenthood!

    By the way...love your etsy shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the great comments everyone! I LOVE to read them!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11/29/2009

    hi, how are you? synthroid online [url=http://dotnet.org.za/members/cheap-synthroid-online.aspx]cheap synthroid[/url] http://dotnet.org.za/members/cheap-synthroid-online.aspx online

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.