Thought I'd share this amazing recipe with you. It is definately worth the effort :)
Strawberry Ice Cream Like Ben and Jerry's
1 cup sugar, divided
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup sugar in a mixing bowl, set aside in fridge for 1 hour.
2. In large mixing bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Gradually add 3/4 cups sugar, mixing well. Stir in milk and vanilla and mix well.
4. Add strawberries with juice and mix well.
5. Gently stir in whipping cream just until combined.
6. Pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions.
I have now created a list in my mind of the flavors of ice cream I plan on making next, which include Almond Joy, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, Buttercrunch, and Peppermint Stick. If these turn out well I will share the recipes here :)
Happy Friday and Stay Cool!