.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

July 22, 2011

heatwaves call for ice cream...

As a large part of the US is in the midst of a heatwave, here in NH it's not just the scorching 98 deg temps which get you, but the humidity on top of it.  Makes even the simplest of outdoor tasks difficult. 

Like many people, when the weather turns hot, my mind turns to ice cream.  This week I decided to dig out my ice cream maker, and find a good recipe for strawberry ice cream.  Searching the internet I came across a recipe which supposedly tastes like "Ben & Jerry's" strawberry ice cream, and decided this was the one to try.

It was very simple to make, and the ice cream maker did most of the work.  I have only used my ice cream maker once in the past and the results were not so good..  I didn't have high expectations for this batch either, but was amazed with the results ~ super creamy, yummy, strawberry-flavored heaven!  

Thought I'd share this amazing recipe with you. It is definately worth the effort :)  

Strawberry Ice Cream Like Ben and Jerry's

Servings:  6 

Ingredients:

1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

2 large eggs

1 cup sugar, divided

2 cups heavy whipping cream

1 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract



Directions:

1. Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup sugar in a mixing bowl, set aside in fridge for 1 hour.


2. In large mixing bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.

3. Gradually add 3/4 cups sugar, mixing well. Stir in milk and vanilla and mix well.

4. Add strawberries with juice and mix well.

5. Gently stir in whipping cream just until combined.

6. Pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions.

Results:  Amazing!!!

I have now created a list in my mind of the flavors of ice cream I plan on making next, which include Almond Joy, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, Buttercrunch, and Peppermint Stick.  If these turn out well I will share the recipes here :)  

Happy Friday and Stay Cool!
♥ P 
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. I live in the south east and I would take a bath in ice cream if I could. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your not frying up down there :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing in all the world on a hot day , like homemade ice cream. This looks divine. Thanks for linking it up to FBF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so delicious, and pretty too! I need to get myself an ice cream maker, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.