.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

November 11, 2011

Fall Fun...Cake Pops & More!

Happy Friday :)

Awhile back I shared some photos of cake pops, and my desire to make some of my own. The Fall season has finally given me a reason to make a batch, and test this process out. It was not too difficult to do, and I think mine turned out pretty cute.

First off I made a batch of pumpkin cake pops, for the Fall Festival at my daughter Autumn's school. I followed the instructions to a tee, which recommended using a boxed cake and canned frosting. Normally I prefer homemade, but figured I should stick to the directions on my first attempt.

After baking, cooling and crumbling the cake I was ready to begin.  The process was very simple, but time consuming.  Add frosting to the crumbled cake and mix well.  Roll into 1" balls and refrigerate for 30 mins.  Prepare a piece of styrofoam to stick your pops into once complete.  Melt your coating, stick in your lollipop sticks, and then dip the balls in turning to cover completely.  Lastly I stuck I green tic-tac in the top of the pop for the pumpkin stem, and then inserted into the styrofoam to set. At this point you could use an edible marker to draw on faces, but I stuck with regular pumpkins.
Finished results~ adorable, but extremely sugary-sweet.


For my second attempt I created cake balls rather than pops, using my own homemade cake and frosting recipes. I wanted these to look like creepy eyeballs for Autumn's class Halloween party. For display I placed the balls in mini Halloween themed cupcake papers.  

To my surprise these were just as easy to put together. The only difference here was you need to drop the balls into the coating, and use a spoon to swirl it around till covered. Lastly I added a lifesaver mint to complete the eyeball.

Well these eyeballs weren't perfect, but they were still a hit at the party.


If you are looking for a good book for cake pops/ball recipes this is the one I used.  It has tons of examples and ideas to inspire you.

The things I do for my little "ninja"~ Have a good weekend :)

Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

8 comments:

  1. are you kidding me? these look professional...and they sound so yummy! what a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow such a nice compliment! That made me smile :))

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pumpkin pops are too cute! Great job :-) - Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. From far the pumpkin pops look like oranges. All your cake pops looks lovely, never seen anything like that before, not in my country, Malaysia anyway. Happy baking, cooking and blogging to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look adorable but amazingly yummy at the same try! These cake pops are definitely trending around the internet, I might have to give them a go :)

    xo, Samantha
    http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Samantha you should try making some of these ~ there's so much you can do with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aries maybe you can spread the cake pop trend in Malaysia! Thank you for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.