.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

December 24, 2011

cookie heaven . . .

Ta da! Here is the reveal of my favorite Christmas cookie of all time ~ Candy Cane Cookies!

I'm not sure if I love these as much as I do because my grandmother would make them every year when I was a child, because they are so cute, or because they are delicious. In any case, these cookies come out on top as my absolute favorites.

Below I've posted the recipe. As you can see they don't have to be perfectly formed, as it is pretty much impossible to do. (Although somehow my grandmother was able to get them perfect.)

Anyways, a couple tips I have to offer would be to keep a damp paper towel over each bowl of dough as your making the shapes to keep things moist, and to leave yourself plenty of time to make them.

Enjoy :)


Candy Cane Cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup shortening or 1/2 cup butter
1 cup sifted confectionary sugar
1 egg
1-1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. red food coloring
1/2 cup sugar

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Mix shortening (or butter) sugar, egg and flavorings thoroughly.

Measure flour, mix with salt ~ stir into shortening (butter) mixture

Divide dough in half ~ blend food coloring into one half

On a lightly floured board roll a 4" strip using tsp dough from each color

Place strips side-by-side, press lightly together and twist like a rope

For best results complete one cookie at a time, keeping the moist paper towels over the remaining dough

Place on ungreased cookie sheet, curve top to form handle of cane

Bake about 9 minutes or until lightly browned

While still warm sprinkly with sugar

Makes approx. 4 dozen

 
Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.