.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

January 28, 2012

largest snowflake EVER!

I know that there's a record for almost everything imaginable. Since I was a child I have loved looking through the "Guiness Book of World Records" and being amazed by the facts.

Until this morning it never occured to me that there was a record for the largest snowflake! I've seen different sized snowflakes of course, but I believed that they could only get so big. Boy was I wrong!

This morning Google's homepage (you've probably already seen this yourself!) has one of their fancy doodles which they change up for holidays and other occasions. It's a cute little snowy scene which is animated with with a cow and some little birds. Then a giant snowflake comes and shakes things up.

Google is displaying this doodle because today is the 125th anniversary of the worlds largest recorded snowflake. Amazing! Of course I had to investigate this a bit further and found this fact on wikipedia:

"Largest snowflake ever observed: 38 centimeters (15 in) in diameter; Fort Keogh, Montana, United States, 1887-01-28."

Imagine!! Snowflakes a larger than a dinner plate! Of course there's no picture to go along with this amazing fact, but here are some other pretty snowflake photos I've found.

Photo courtesy of ibites.com (oringally from CNN)

Photo courtesy of photo-on-the.net

Photo courtesy of biglovelife.wordpress.com


My plans this weekend include working on a Valentine decoration craft with Autumn. Can't wait to share next week!


Have a great weekend :)

Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Me Monday - I LOVE beautiful snowflakes and hopre you're having a fabulous weekend!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ramona! I love Inspire Me Monday, and as long as I have something inspiring to share I will be doing so :))

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.