.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

February 27, 2012

Mmm, Recipe time!

A few weeks I did a post about a delicious fudgy cake that I made for my daughter's birthday. Today I will share this recipe with you. In case you missed this post, the name of the cake is "Black Magic Cake".

Over the years I've tried many, many different fudge cake recipes, but none of them turned out as fudgy as I liked ~ until I came across this recipe!

Black Magic Cake


 1-3/4 sifted flour                        
 2 cups sugar                               
 3/4 cup cocoa                             
 2 tsp baking soda                       
 1 tsp baking powder                   
 1 tsp salt
 1/2 cup oil
 2 eggs
 1 cup strong black coffee
 1 cup buttermilk    
 1 tsp vanilla

Directions:

* Sift together dry ingredients 
* Add eggs, oil, coffee, buttermilk, and vanilla
* Beat with mixer at medium for 2 minutes
* Pour batter into greased 9x13 pan
* Bake at 350 deg. for 40 minutes
* Cool in pan on rack
* Frost as desired

{ I adapted this reciped just a bit by just mixing together the dry ingredients in a bowl without sifting, and using 8x8 round cake pans greased, with wax paper lining the bottoms, and floured. As far as I could tell the sifting is not required, although I am no professional here!  As for the pan size if you decide to use round cake pans as I did you must must do the greasing, wax papering, and flouring..  Otherwise the cake may not come out of the pan as it is very moist. Which is what a fudgy cake is all about! }

Enjoy :)

xo,
Photobucket

Come join the fun over here!
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Carolyn! I'm resisting the urge to bake one this week lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh yum!! Loving your blog... I am one of your newest followers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely comment Julie!! I'm now off to visit your blog :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. look delicious! happy belated birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.