.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

March 20, 2012

10 Things I Love About Spring

As of today I can officially say Happy Spring!!

Many of my recent posts have been about the arrival of spring. From some of my Fabulous Friday Finds posts, to my posts about my Little Birdie Cupcake Toppers and other products, and how perfect they are for spring events.

Because today is the first day of spring I thought I'd make a list of the top 10 things I love about spring :)

1} Longer days

For me this means pleny of time for both work and play,
without the darkness of winter settling around us so early.


Image source greenteadesign.com via jackandjillwedding.com

2} Eating ice cream outdoors
Finally you don't need to cuddle up on the couch, under a blanket, to enjoy ice cream. It is also not so hot that as soon as you hold your ice cream, it melts into a sticky puddle.


Photo source karaspartyideas on Etsy
3} Waking to the sound of birds
In the summer birds begin the chirp about 4am which is just way too early. In the spring here they seem to appear with the sun, which is perfect timing.

Photo source photoshow.com
 
4} Wearing flip-flops
Finally I can trade my cozy warm Uggs for a pair of brightly colored
flipflops, without freezing my toes off.

Photo source amominredhighheels.com


5}  Frozen drinks
Yum, what more is there to say?
Photo source displayfakefoods.com

6}  Vintage inspired swimsuits
No it's not warm enough to wear one, but it is time to start thinking about it.
Photo source betseyjohnson.com

 
7}  Driving with the car windows open
After cranking the heat in the car for the past few months we can finally roll down those windows and get messy hair.

8} Outdoor Parties
This is the perfect time of year to hold an outdoor party.  It's not so hot your uncomfortable, but the warmer sunshine make things a bit more cheery.

Photo source countryliving.com

9}  Reading Outdoors
This is one of my favorite activities. Bringing whatever I'm reading outside in the sunshine.  So relaxing.
Photo source sacramentostreet.com


10} The reopening of Skips
And last but certainly not least is the reopening of my favorite burger place.  They are only open in the spring and summer, so we always visit as soon as they reopen.
 
Photo source dinerhotline.wordpress.com

 
So that's my top 10 favorite things I love about spring!
What do you love about spring?

 
xo,

Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

11 comments:

  1. These are some of my favorites too...especially tooling around in my flops! New to your blog and glad to have found your creative space on the web:D Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chandra! Thanks so much for stopping by :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for flip flops! That's what I most look forward to because I hate wearing socks!

    I love when the leaves come back to the trees, sitting in the hammock, bike rides, popsicles, shorts, and the smell of fresh cut grass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm yes I love the smell of fresh cut grass too. I probably could have made my list 20 things instead of 10 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of these are my favorites too! Ice cream and flip flops top my list! Following you from the It's So Very Cheri blog hop! Hope you can follow me back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds you'll have fun during spring. I wish we have spring here too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. To add to your top 10 things, which by the way are mine too, would be sitting out on my front porch in the evening with a sweet tea and just enjoying.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring is lovely indeed. I can't imagine living in a place where there are no seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its spring break here for my kids but-there is no spring weather! All of your suggestions make me ready and upset all at the same time! We need sunshine! cute blog! I am hosting a blog hop on Monday at my site http://www.frugalfitfamily.com - the link is up so stop by and join in if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these reasons made me want to have spring in our country too. you lucky you! but i can totally relate with wearing flip flops. we wear them almost all year long :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love just being able to get outside!!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.