.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

March 5, 2012

color mixing fun !

School vacation has ended, and it's back to our routine. The routine where I have a few hours alone where I can work on Etsy orders, plan blog posts, and quietly do all the things I need to get done. There's nobody here to complain about my choice in music, or to tell me that there's nothing good to eat after I've just returned from shopping.  Not that I don't like to have the kids home, but as a mother it can get a bit overwhelming at times. We all need a break and alone time.

One fun activity I did with Autumn during the week, was a color mixing science experiment. On a recent trip to the craft store (yes I'm there a LOT!), I found this kit and knew she'd love it. Last summer she began this really messy project where she'd collect jars from the recycling bin, fill them with water, and add food coloring, experimenting to see what colors she could come up with.

The worst part was that she used up all my food coloring, stained a few things, and was storing these jars under her bed. So this kit was the perfect way to let her mix all she wanted, since it includes everything you need. Then when your done you can pack it all away for another day.










The best part is that you can choose some of your favorite colors you made, add special crystals which come with the kit, wait an hour, an voila ~ they turn into slimy blobs you can save!

On another note ~ if you are a regular reader of my blog you probably noticed my new blog design.  I originally planned on being all creative and was going to design my own blog template in Photoshop, but that venture didn't turn out so well.  So yes I have a premade template, but I love the fact that it's three columns so everything can be a bit larger. And I was able to customize it enough so that it's more my style. 

I do still need to add some social media buttons, and a few little fun elements to the sidebars.  I can't wait until it's complete.  Makes me feel more professional :) 

Hope you all have a great week!

xo,
Photobucket
This post is linked to ~

Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

11 comments:

  1. thank you for this idea!! my kids would love" playing" with this educational kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! This kept my daughter busy for over an hour :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! I want to do it too! LOL!

    I'm new to your blog, but I love the design.

    I've liked your page on Facebook, I'd appreciate it if you would like mine as well! :) http://www.facebook.com/RealWorldMom

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should buy yourself a kit! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun!! LOVING the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They remind me of gummy bears! By the way, I love your new layout

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love kits like this! Too funny that she was hiding the jars under her bed. Visiting my GFC followers today! Thanks for being a follower. Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for stopping by Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And Witha! Yea they look like semi-melted gummy bears lol. Glad you like my new layout. I was really nervous about changing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool project - thanks for sharing at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy!

    Look forward to seeing what you're up to this week! :-)

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will be back for Inspire Me Monday! So much fun :)

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.