.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

March 24, 2012

I'm Elmo and I Know It!

For the past few weeks Autumn and her friends have been practicing for the
Atkinson Academy spring lip sync contest.

It started out rocky as the group was divided upon which song to use. There was lots of arguing, yelling, and even some tears. Finally they agreed upon a song from You Tube titled
"I'm Elmo and I Know It", which is set to the music from
LMFAO's "I'm Sexy and I Know It".

They put the routine together pretty quickly, and we were all happy that they were having so much fun. After one last practice last night before the big show, they were all set to go on stage.

The main "character" who played Elmo had requested that their group be last. So out 17 acts
they were #17. As the time came closer, I was beginning to get nervous. I guess because you
never know what's actually going to go down on stage.

They ended doing a really great job. Elmo stole the show of course! And when it came
time to announce the top three winners, you could see them all crossing their fingers.

Winners for third and second place were announced. Then it was said that there was a tie for
first place. The act "The Polar Express" was announced as a first place winner, and then
"I'm Elmo and I Know It" won first place as well!! :))

After this there was lots of screaming (my ears still hurt). I was so happy for them.
This they will always remember.

The gang after their performance.
Molly, Matt, Catherine, Delaney and Autumn

I want to say a special thank you to the Moms in the group ~ Julie, Kelly, Stacey and Kerry.
This could never have happened without their creativity and generosity.

Have a great weekend all!

xo,
Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. OMYGOSH!!!! How COOL is that?!??!?!?!? CONGRATS to the winners!! And I loveeeeeeeee that song!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie! I think I'm going to be singing this song in my sleep for awhile to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thanks for the comment on my blog at Rock Paper Scissors Create:)
    I'm following you back:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Shannon!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog! I am following from the Sit and Relax Blog hop! I hope you will follow Swanky Baby too! Have a good day!!

    swankybaby.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to Swanky Baby's Mom for the follow! Of course I'll follow back! On my way to do so now :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! That song always gets stuck in my head! I love their cute little flower hair ties!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.