.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

March 12, 2012

Monday Munchies!

Happy Monday All!

I have coined today as "Munchy Monday" as I am ready to share my attempt at making homemade Oreo Cookies.

I was very skeptical when I started out, but once the dough was mixed it looked just as you'd expect it to ~ very dark, chocolately and slightly coarse. The dough was a bit sticky to work with, but all in all they turned out great!

The only thing that I would change would be the filling. This recipe calls for a buttercream filling, whereas I would have preferred something more similar to the actual Oreo filling. I'm not saying the filling wasn't delicious, just not very Oreo-like. The actual cookie portion was very similar to the real Oreo, and I wouldn't change this part at all.


This is the recipe I followed, but I am now on a quest to find a different filling recipe. Once I do, I believe that I may have a close-to-perfect recipe :)

If anyone else has a great recipe for homemade Oreo's, I would love to hear your version!

Homemade Oreo Cookies

For the chocolate cookies:

1-1/4 cup flour                                       1/4 tsp salt                                  
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder                    1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda                                    6 oz butter, melted
1/4 tsp baking powder                            1 large egg

Directions:

1} Preheat oven to 375 deg.
2} Prepare cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper or silicone baking mat
3} Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl
4} Add melted butter and egg and beat with mixer til ingedients are combined
5} Roll dough into one-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets
6} Flatten dough gently using a measuring cup or bottom of a glass
7} Bake 7-9 mins
8} Cool on wire racks

For the filling:

6 oz butter, softened
2 cups confectionary sugar
2 tsp vanilla
food coloring if preferred

Directions:

1} In a medium bowl cream butter with mixer at low speed
2} On medium gradually add the confectionary sugar. 
3} When combined add vanilla and food coloring if desired

Assembly of cookies:

Place a small scoop of filling on the center of the flat side of one cookie.  Put another cookie on top with the flat side down, gently press down in a clockwise motion. 

* Recipe provided by Plain Gourmet, adapted by myself.

Next I'm heading on over to Create With Joy.com to participate in their "Inspire Me Monday"  where you can share your creative talents, and take a look at what others have created :)

Have a great day :)

xo,
Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. Oh boy, and I was supposed to start a diet today......!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh sorry Erica and Stacey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. . . just now saw this post too! These cookies look scrumpdilisious!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were pretty delish! :)

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.