.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

March 6, 2012

OREO is Celebrating It's 100th Birthday!



On this very day in 1912, 100 years ago, the Oreo Cookie was introduced. I am amazed by this fact! In 1912 Woodrow Wilson was president, and sadly it's also the same year the Titanic sank.

 
I was curious as to how Oreo's were packaged way back when, so here are a few photos I found. I'm not sure of the time period for each package, but it certainly has changed!





And of course I couldn't resist throwing in a photo of homemade oreo cookies! No I didn't make these myself , although it is very tempting.  Has anyone ever made homemade oreos?  I'd love to hear how they turned out. 

If I ever decide to go ahead with making my own, they will look like these (pink filling and all). And of course if they turn out delicious I would share the recipe :)



Have a wonderful day!

xo,
Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. I just bought double stuffed yesterday!! yours look way yummy!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double stuffed are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm I love Oreo's. I've been trying to lose about 5 lbs, so I have been refraining from buying the new birthday cake flavor. I think I will break the next time I am at the store and pick some up. They sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying hard to eat healthier too and today at the store I stopped and looked at the Birthday Cookies, but did not buy them. Wasn't easy!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.