.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

March 27, 2012

What's inspiring me today ...

Each day I come across amazing projects of every kind. If I really like something I usually think to myself, "I could make that!", which is how my craft corner has ended up looking like a bomb went off.

My latest "I can make that" idea is all about embroidery hoop projects. I love the idea of embroidering a unique picture or phrase that I have designed myself. I'm not 100% sure how to go about this yet, so I will need to look around online for a tutorial for tips.

The next embroidery hoop project I'd love to try, which obviously is a whole lot easier, is to locate some pretty vintage fabric, put it in the embroidery hoop, embellish, and use as a wall decoration. 

My plan is to create a combination of styles (fabric and embroidered) and sizes, and to decorate a wall in my home with a grouping that I put together. I've recently pinned a bunch of photos of groupings that I love. If you love them too feel free to pin away!

Photo source tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com

Photo source tumblr.com

Photo source countryliving.com


What do you think about this trend?

Is there anyone out there who has recently fell in love with this like I have? 

How about anyone who has recently attempted to create something like these?  

I'd love to hear any tips or suggestions you may have :))

Have a great day!

xo,
Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. I remember my mom doing these hoop embroideries when we were little. She would spend hours on them, but they brought her a lot of joy.

    I love this trend, but haven't jumped on the bandwagon. As pretty as they are, the design of them just doesn't go with the flow of our house. I think these would be gorgeous in a country/farm type house!

    Good luck with your project. I hope you post pics up when you complete them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember doing this years ago (probably before you were born) and it added some interest to a guest bedroom. Don't put them anywhere where there's a lot of humidity as the fabric will stretch and then sag. Otherwise, cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa, My house is kinda rustic I guess. I think depending on the type of fabric or print I could find a place for them. If not I could sell them on Etsy :))

    Heather, Thanks for the tip on the sagging fabric. Would never have thought of that on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hoops are coming back...

    Cheri from Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwwwwwwww!! I loveeee this idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the lovely comments Julie and Cheri!!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.