.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

April 20, 2012

Fabulous Friday Finds ...

... Let's Celebrate Earth Day!

Earth Day falls on April 22 each year, but did you know that the very first Earth Day movement took place that same day back in 1970? 20 million Americans held demonstrations and protests to spread the word about environmental hazards, and the need for change.

This movement continues today, but it is now more of an everyday contientious choice. A choice to make certain decisions which impact our environment, in hopes that the earth will be a healthy place for our future generations.

So in celebration of this worldwide movement, I have chosen the theme of my weekly Fabulous Friday Finds to be all eco-friendly products. Each item is either eco-friendly, repurposed, or both. As usual each product is an item found on Etsy.  All items are numbered, so if you'd like to see more from a particular shop, the links are listed below the collage.

Enjoy :)




What types of products do you use, or what changes have you made in order to be more "green"?
Do you participate in any movements or belong to any "green" groups?
Do you plan on implementing any new changes in the near future? If so what?


xo,
Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

12 comments:

  1. I love to recycle... but sadly, the place we moved to a year ago doesn't have recycle bins/pick up! :( Boo! I have missed recycling all my scraps etc this past year!! I loveeeeeeeeeee all these earth friendly goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I didn't realize there were areas that didn't pickup for recycling. And you must have a LOT of scraps :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Earth day! I'm impressed that these passed few years people are really picking up on the "love our earth" vibe! Our city finally moved to bigger trash receptical size bins for recycling and now I just feel like trash when I use a plastic bag at the grocery store lol. Those reusable bags are a huge hit here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great choices here for an earth day celebration! thank you so much for including my new napkins in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are some really fantastic finds. I like them, thanks for sharing.

    Visiting from createwjoy, latest Thursday Two Questions post on Donors Choose to Donate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous finds. Thanks for linking up with Flash Blog Friday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That repurposed burlap coffee bag purse is really cute.

    Stopping by from Create with Joy's Friendship Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Theresa, More and more peoole are using the reusable bags. That is one thing that I need to work on is get enough for all my groceries.

    Margot, Your very welcome!

    SS, Thanks for stopping by. I'm now off to vist you :)

    Bree, Thanks for returning the ♥ and visiting me!
    I know these are such lovely items from such creative people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mahalo for including my repurposed Maui coffee sack handbag. Great finds and Happy Earth Day♥.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your welcome! It was hard choosing an item from your shop! Everything was so nice :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish we had recycling in our town. We recycle paper, and aluminum. We save it all up and then take it to the recycle centers in another city. We also don't use paper napkins and we do whatever we can to lessen our mark on the planet. Great post. Hugs and thank you for joining in the fun at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow shouldn't every town and city have recycling? I think YES!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.