.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

April 19, 2012

Recipe Time!

 Last night was one of those nights when I had no idea what to make for dinner. We're still dealing with the allergic reaction Autumn has been suffering from since the weekend, which by the way turned out to be a bad case of poison ivy. So instead of grocery shopping, we've been doctor and pharmacy visiting. Normally I plan my meals for the week ahead of time, but this week we've just been winging it.
 
 
As I wearily browsed online trying to find something easy, fast, and tasty, I came across a recipe for "Easy Taco Rolls". Normally I probably wouldn't have attempted this recipe, but because it had good reviews I gave it a shot. Thankfully I did because it was everything I was looking for ~ easy, fast, and tasty, and inexpensive as well :)
 
 
So I now share this recipe with you ~ Enjoy :)
 
 
Easy Taco Rolls

1/2 cup uncooked instant brown rice
1 cup water
1-1/2 lbs ground beef
1 packet of lower sodium taco seasoning mix
1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup water
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 10" tortillas (either flour or whole wheat)
1 16 oz jar salsa
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

1} Preheat over to 450 deg. Spray two 7-1/2 x 11" baking dishes.

2} Cook rice according to package directions

3} While rice is cooking brown ground beef and drain any excess grease

4} Reduce heat to medium and stir in taco mix, black beans, 1/2 cup water, 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese, and the cooked rice. Cook and stir until the cheese is melted, and the beans are hot.

5} Spoon mixture into the tortillas, roll into a tight cylinder, and place into a baking dishes. I placed four tortillas in each dish.
6} Pour the salsa over the tops, and sprinkle evenly with 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.

7} Bake until the cheese has melted and begins to brown, approx 10 minutes.






Have you come across any new recipes that turned out delicious and you would try again? This is definately at the top of my list.

Don't forget to stop back tomorrow to see what theme I've chosen for my "Fabulous Friday Finds" blog post! Each week I choose a theme, scour Etsy for nine awesome products which fit that theme, and then create a beautiful collage showcasing these items. 

If your an Etsy seller and would like one of your items included in this feature, just send me a message!  These posts are one of my most viewed posts, along with WW and recipes :)) And I'm all about promoting!

xo,
Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhh this sounds YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy AND filling :)Forgot to mention that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good. The guys around here would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks yummy, i think i know what im cooking this weekend:)

    Thank your for your comment. If you really would like to help all you have to do is share my post about benji and/or blog about him. You would not believe the families who end up adopting b/c of a "share" on fb
    Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I'll have to try these with the homemade tortilla recipe I found on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks and sounds like a favorite!! the combination of ingredients yummy!!
    hope that poison ivy is getting better...round up will kill it in your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmm I just ate my leftovers for dinner again :) Delicious!

    Autumn's poison ivy is getting better. The puffy face is almost gone. It was so sad because she didn't even look like herself at all. We'll definately have to kill that dangerous stuff!

    ReplyDelete

๐Ÿ’• Thank you for your comment! ๐Ÿ’•

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.