.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

April 21, 2012

unexpected guest ...

Tuesday night our cat brought us home a gift. He meowed at the door, walked in, and proudly dropped his present on the kitchen floor. We all looked down in disbelief. A teeny tiny baby bunny. Unhurt and perfect.

Out goes the cat, out come the rubber gloves, and our rescue mission began. We placed the bunny in a box and then went outside to try to find the bunny nest. We knew the approximate area, but still couldn't locate it. Soon darkness came, and we knew we had to keep the bunny safely indoors for the night.

We bought some baby formula and an eye dropper, and attempted to feed it with no success. This went on for two days. Finally we began discussing where we should bring the poor little thing, before he starved to death. Then alas, he began drinking out of the dropper. It was the cutest, most amazing thing to watch.

We are now on day four, and the sweet little thing is doing remarkably well. He sleeps in his box with a little stuffed bunny, and readily drinks out of the dropper. He is comfortable being around humans, which is a good thing as my house can become very rowdy at times.

We are taking things day by day, and hopefully will watch it thrive. We're still unsure if it is a temporary or a permanent guest, but I'm kind of falling in ♥. Of course we will do what is best for the little creature, but I know what outcome I'm hoping for.



What adventures do you have going on this weekend?
If anyone has any little bunny tips, I'd love to hear them :)

xo,
Paula
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

12 comments:

  1. How absolutely PRECIOUS!!! Soooooooooooo happy that kitty brought you a gift!! I loveeeeeeeee the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so mad at that cat at first, but then after holding the bunny, it changed to happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, it is the cutest thing ever! We've got a mama bunny that's been hanging out in our yard for the past few weeks, so I'm sure there is a baby bunny nest somewhere out there. I won't let the dogs out for fear that if it is in our yard, they'll find it and kill them.

    Sorry, I don't have any advice, but good luck with it! (I'd probably keep it my self!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess those bunny nests are hard to find! My cats go outdoors which is why I felt safer keeping the bunny indoors :) how many dogs do you have? I know their big from your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet. Last year we rescued a little bunny from our pool - wrapped it in a blanket, dried it off and warmed her up with our body heat and a little block heater fan. She was happy for a couple of hours inside our house, but ran off when we let her out the door. This will be such a fun adventure for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An adventure is right Heather! I'm sure if I let this baby outdoors it would run away lol. But I think it's only maybe 2 weeks old.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh...that is the cutest thing! We also have a bunny nest which we think is under our front porch and the mama or papa bunny sits on guard most mornings lol. Sounds like you're doing everything you can for the little thing :) Good luck! I'm a new follower of yours! Feel free to stop by my blog and check it out if you like :)

    Brandi
    www.yeewittlethings.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, no advice. My cats don't go outside, so they just bring me pens that they find all over the house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Brandi! That's sweet that there's a nest so close to your house. I wonder where the mom bunny was when my cat appeared :( Thanks for following and I'm off to visit you next :)

    Hi Amy, Pens?! That's funny! Your so lucky you don't have to deal with the sorts of things outdoor cats bring home. Most things don't live :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww...cutest picture ever! I'm glad the bunny was unharmed when you cat brought it in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad too! I would have been very upset to see it suffer. So thankful he's turning into a little fuzz ball lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11/24/2012

    интернет знакомства через камеру
    http://www.ibd.org.uk/board/profile.php?id=458517

    интернет знакомства в архангельске
    http://orion-mm.ru/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=66126

    интернет знакомства с номерами тел
    http://imagofilmfestival.com/biggerbetter/index.php?action=profile;u=377315

    знакомства для интернета в серпухове
    http://lek-prapai.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=418635

    интернет знакомства в барнауле
    http://riskmanager.ru/forum/member.php?u=177

    самарские знакомства интернет
    http://azov.awardspace.com/doska/tools.php?event=profile&pname=WapSocSet

    интернет знакомства интернетянки
    http://isp24.ru/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=136083

    интернет знакомства ефремов
    http://www.findspforums.com/member.php?u=86947

    mail знакомства для интернета
    http://www.kabanos.net/forum/profile.php?id=178133

    чувашия интернет знакомства
    http://www.vce.vn/member.php?u=125123

    сайт знакомств в архангельске интернет

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.