.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

May 11, 2012

Fabulous Friday Feature!



The prom ~ you either hate it or you love it. Many years ago when it was time for my prom, I secretly loved everything about it. The dress, the flowers, the hair, the limo, everything! Looking at me back then you probably couldn't tell this, but it's true. 

Next weekend is my son's girlfriend's prom.  Since I've been thinking about prom things lately, it got me thinking, how would I dress for a prom nowadays? I would most certainly dress the complete opposite as I did way back when. My dress was royal blue sequins, strapless, fitted to the knees where it puffed out in ruffles. My hair was HUGE and gathered to the side. In 1990 this looked AWESOME! But today I would be embarrased to share photos. 

 What I have today for my "Fabulous Friday Finds" post, is what I would wear if I were going to the prom myself next weekend. {Yes a girl can DREAM lol.} 

As usual I chose all of my FFF items from Etsy, where everything is either handmade, repurposed, or vintage.  For this collection I first chose a dress, and went from there. Each photo is numbered, and the link to each Etsy shop is listed below the collage if you'd like to visit a particular shop.

Enjoy :)

a19f75b544dd86ce88938b51f1f785c4
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. I missed my prom, but if I could go back and attend now, I totally would!

    I think you would be the hottest chick on the floor if you were to go today. Fabulous picks this week! Especially LOVE those shoes! Now I'm almost excited for when my girls are old enough to attend so we can start picking these kinds of things out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest girl is 17 and will be a senior next year!!!! Soooo excited to begin planning for her prom :)

    I heard on the news that in my area there is a "MOM Prom" lol. Maybe there's one in your area that you could go to! Or maybe you should organize one! I know you love parties :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got about 4 more year until planning begins here.

    That mom prom sounds hilarious! There's no way my husband would ever allow me to drag him to one though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's probably more fun with just girls anyways lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun are all of these?!?!?!?! I never went to Prom (not that I didn't want too.. guess I just wasn't pretty enough to ask! LOL!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. JULIE!!!! Don't ever say that! I think you should see if your area has a "Mom Prom". I'm sure you would look beautiful :))

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.