.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

May 21, 2012

Manic Monday Recipe Share!!

Wow it's already the beginning of a brand new week! Time to figure out what to have for dinner in between work, and the many commitments we have in our daily lives.  I know this is not always an easy task.  Especially when your trying to eat healthy.

If your a regular reader of my blog you'll know that lately I have been into sharing quick, easy, healthy recipes.  This has become a fun habit for me, as I've been finding all these really great meals that I may have not tried had I not been trying to become more healthy.

The best part is that the kids all seem to like everything I've made so far.  When I used to think healthy, I also thought bland, plain, blah.  But my entire outlook has now changed.  This fun challenge has also gotten us out of the "what to have for dinner" rut.  

So I now share with you my favorite healthy recipe from last weeks dinner menu :)

Enjoy! 




1 lb. round steak sliced into thin strips
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can low sodium beef broth
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp (or to taste) low sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ginger
4 cups broccoli florets
4 cups cooked brown rice

1}  Coat skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat for one minute
2}  Add beef, onion, minced garlic and stir fry until brown
3} Remove beef, drain and set aside
4} Add half the broth and broccoli to pan (I also added some fresh asparagus) Cover and cook until veggies are tender-crisp
5} Mix cornstarch, brown sugar, garlic powder, ginger and soy sauce with remaining broth until smooth
6} Add mixture to pan and cook until it begins to thicken, stirring constantly
7} Return beef to pan, stir til thoroughly heated
8} Serve over rice 


Tomorrow I will be back to share photos from my son's eventful weekend including a prom, and a graduation.  Such a busy time of year!!

I would also like to thank Create-with-Joy.com for including my recipe post for 
15 Minute Chili in their "Inspire Me Monday" meme!! Thanks so much :))  

Hope you all have a great week!!

xo,
Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. How can you go wrong with beef and broccoli? 2 of my favorite ingredients in a recipe, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love broccoli and this recipe sounds delicious. thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm i am going to have to look into making that with chicken... that's all we eat cause of Brian's gout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments ladies!! Julie that's actually a good idea ~ to substitute chicken for beef. Would also make it more healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love for you to come by and share this post on the Creative Corner Hop. The linky party starts on Monday and stays open all week.

    Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.