.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

May 7, 2012

Marvelous Monday Recipe Share!!

Wow it's Monday again already, and I'm back to share a healthy recipe I tested out last week.

Previously I've posted some delicious recipes I've found on Pinterest, but they were by no means healthy.
I've since decided that I needed to begin looking for recipes that are not only delicious, but are healthy as well. Below is my first healthy meal attempt, and I felt that the recipe was worth sharing.  It was super fast to make, and was pretty yummy.  I do have to say though that if your man likes meat and potatoes, this meal might not cut it for him. But for myself it was filling, and I would make this again.

The recipe didn't come directly from Pinterest, but I found the link to it through website SparkPeople.com.
Turns out that SparkPeople is an entire site dedicated to help people reach their weight loss goals. They have more than 12 million users.  Where have I been? I guess over at Martha Stewart and Betty Crocker lol.

Anyways here it is with a few photos taken along the way ~



Makes 6 servings
Recipe courtesy of SparkPeople.com




2 tsp. olive oil
 1 tbsp minced garlic
 2 ~ 15oz. cans undrained diced tomatoes with basil,
garlic & oregano 
 1 can any white beans
 1pkg. fresh spinach
 6 cups cooked linguine
6 tbsp grated cheese

1} Heat oil in large skillet
2} In a pot start boiling water for pasta
3} Add garlic to oil and saute for a moment
4} Add tomatoes and beans; bring to a boil
5} Cover with spinach, top with lid, reduce heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
6} Spoon mixture over cooked pasta and sprinkle with cheese

I subsituted whole wheat pasta for the linguine.  You could also use fresh tomatoes and a head of spinach leaves in place of pre-packaged foods.

Enjoy! :)

Before I go I'd like to announce that one of my handmade Mother's Day Cards has been featured on 

Thank you so much!! This has made my day a whole lot brighter :)




Hope you all have a wonderful week :)

xo,

Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. Yummmmmmmmmmmm!!! And CONGRATS on having your card featured! That's AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum..I have made this in the sum me with tomatoes and basil from the garden...sooo yummy and light..everyone love it!
    congrats on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I can smell how wonderful it is right through my screen. Looks soooo yum!

    Congrats on your feature! How exciting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Julie, Annmarie and Theresa!!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.