.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

May 31, 2012

Pinterest Challenge Redo Announcement ...

A few weeks back I blogged about a Pinterest Craft Challenge I took on for tinted mason jars.  The jars in the photo for the DIY were so pretty, I decided I must have a rainbow of these jars for myself. I mean just look at them!! 

Photo source Pinterest.com

 It had all seemed so simple, but after two failed attempts my jars looked nothing like the ones pictured above :(  The paint looked too thick, streaky, and even a bit lumpy. I even made this statement at the bottom of my post "At this point I'm not sure if it was me or the DIY, but I will not be attempting this ever again.". 

{If you'd like to read the entire disastrous story click here ---> 

After giving up on this challenge, I angrily set my messed up jars on a windowsill where they have been since that day.  I just couldn't bring myself to throw them into the recycle bin after all the work I put into them.   

Lately though I have been having a change of heart, and whenever I walk by these jars I think to myself  that there must be a way to make this work!  So I now retract my statement about never attempting this again, and will try this ONE more time!  

I think I have come up with a different way for this project to work, but will it or won't it?

Stay tuned to find out  ... will post my FINAL results next week :)

Hope to see you back tomorrow for my weekly "Fabulous Friday Finds" blog post!
If you are new to my blog this is where I chose a theme, search Etsy for nine products which fit this theme, and then create a beautiful collage with a link to each shop featured. 

Have a great day!

xo, 
Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

8 comments:

  1. i live in CA not in MA. I went to BU years ago, so I lived in Boston for 3.5 years.

    Why do you ask?

    valued benevolence haiku

    do you know that people really don't like verification. it makes it so difficult to comment, it takes time, you can't read it half the time, so if you want more comments, you should shut down your verification. i think blogger has it as a default. you'll notice most people have it shut off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see!!! I know how frustrating a botched project can be... and I am sure that whatever you did with them will be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you sound like me. I don't know how many times I say never again, yet find myself working at it until I get it right. I hope you finally figured it out. I can't wait to see your new attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be waiting to see how the jars turn out this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look dazzling ~ can't wait ~ thanks ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. That stinks, but I'm glad to hear you are going to try it again. I recently made something "according to instructions" and it didn't turn out at all as their example. I bet you have fun anyway.

    Thanks for finding my blog through the Thursday Favorites. We're following each other now and I added a post to your WW, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this time around it'll be fun. I definately feel more confident that this is going to work :))

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.