.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

May 14, 2012

Recipe Time! 15 Minute Chili

Wow is it Monday already? As promised I'm back with a chili recipe that is not only fast and delicious, but HEALTHY! After this past weekend's celebrations, I'm back on track eating healthy foods. I'm even drinking a strawberry smoothie as I type this post :)

 I know chili isn't your normal summery food, but it is perfect for a rainy day,
or if you don't feel like cooking on the grill. I made this one night last week,
 and it actually tastes better than my regular chili recipe made with ground beef.
Everyone in my house agreed that this was delicious.

Enjoy :)




Ingredients

1 pound ground turkey
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 16 oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 16 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 28 oz. can chopped stewed tomatoes
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin powder
1/2 cup salsa

 Directions

 1. In a large pot, brown turkey with chopped onion.

 2. Add beans, tomatoes, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salsa to turkey mixture. Cook until hot.

 3. Serve with cornbread, cooked pasta, cooked rice, or on top of a baked potato. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.

 Makes 4 servings

Recipe and photo source sparkrecipes.com

Hope you all have a great week.  
Tomorrow I'll be back with a craft I've been working on which I 
found on Pinterest.  All I can reveal at this point is that this has turned into quite the project, 
and you'll thank me for being the test subject!


xo,


Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. 15 minute chili? Yes, please! I have never used turkey in mine. I think I should. I'm a boring ground beef kind of girl. I have a friend that makes to die for chili (and won't share the recipe. how's that for rude? lol) Anyway, he uses italian sausage. Turkey is definitely a healthier option!

    I am very excited to see your new craft project. I just did the tissue paper canvas craft and it turned out like crap. I was so disappointed! I hope yours turned out much better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of turkey in chili, and today is a rainy, cool day, so this sounds very inviting! Thank you for sharing, Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh this sounds YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Connie and Julie! Theresa ground turkey does taste a bit different, but you get used to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE chili.

    i'm so going to try this recipe in my slow cooker this week. thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Paula - you've been featured at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy this week and the gals are already shopping for the ingredients to make your recipe! :-)

    Can't wait to see what's cooking (in either your kitchen or your craft room) this week!

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.