.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

May 10, 2012

Recipe Time!

I know I promised that the recipes I would be posting here and there would be healthy. I really do plan on following through with this. I have not fallen off the wagon! Each day I've been making healthy dinners, lots of yummy smoothies, and walking when I can. I'm starting to feel much more energetic, which is motivation to continue on my quest to be more healthy. Next Monday I even have a tasty (and healthy!) chili recipe to share. 

BUT, after yesterday's Wordless Wednesday post I had some requests for the recipe I used for my Pecan Turtles. The real reason I made the turtles was as a gift for my Dad's birthday. Yes there were a few extras which I tasted, but I do believe in occasionally having a treat so your not deprived too much. 

So I now share with you my recipe :)







Ingredients:

12}    ounces unwrapped SOFT caramels, homemade or store-bought
6}      ounces pecan halves
8}      ounces semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate chips
1-2}   tbsp. milk

Directions:

1} Preheat oven to 350 deg, toast pecan halves on baking sheet for 8-10 minutes

2} Cover another cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray

3} Arrange toasted pecans in clusters of four with each pean pointing in different directions (like turtle legs)

4} Unwrap caramels and place in double boiler or heavy pot along with milk. Melt caramels on low heat, stirring occasionally til melted smooth

5} Allow caramel to cool slightly, then using a spoon drop a spoonful of caramel over the pecan clusters, leaving ends of pecans sticking out

6} Melt chocolate chips over double boiler or in a heavy pot, stirring occasionally til smooth

7} Spoon the melted chocolate over the caramel layer, covering caramel as much as you can

8} Allow turtles to set completely on cookie sheet.  Very gently remove them from cookie sheet and place in an airtight container. Store in refrigerator, but let come to room temperature before eating.

Enjoy :)


Be sure to stop by tomorrow to see what theme I've chosen for this weeks "Fabulous Friday Finds" post!! Each week I chose a theme, search Etsy for nine products I love fitting that particular theme, create a beautiful collage, and then post to my blog with links to each shop featured.

If your an Etsy seller and would like a chance to have one of your products featured, just send me a message!! I'm all about promoting handmade businesses!

xo,
Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. I am going to pin this so I can put these in my Christmas baskets this year. We usually do cookies, but I want to add candy this year.

    These look so yummy, I'm sure I will be making them way before Christmas though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are a great idea for Christmas! Boy you plan far in advance. Good for you :)) Wish I were like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.