.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

June 25, 2012

Manic Monday Recipe Share ...

Wow is it Monday already?! Hello all! I'm back with a new recipe to share :) 

 Whenever I have bananas which are no longer appetizing enough to eat, also known as when they turn brown and squooshy, I make banana bread. Over the years I have made a LOT of banana bread. My kids love it, but I figured why not branch out and make something I wouldn't normally make. 

I decided upon banana pudding.  Not sure why banana pudding came to mind as I'm not really that much of a banana person, but I searched high and low for a recipe that sounded like something I would actually eat. Almost every recipe I found was the same, until I came across this amazing site called Pastry Affair, which featured a banana pudding recipe that looked to me like it would be worth trying.

And it turned out delicious! So I now share this recipe with you-

Enjoy :)

Banana Pudding
Yields 4 servings
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups milk (I used 2%)
2 large eggs
2 small (or 1 large) ripe bananas, pureed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Chocolate shavings (optional)
In a medium saucepan, whisk together the cornstarch and sugar. Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth. Over medium heat, cook the mixture until it is thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Turn heat down to low and cook for an additional 2 minutes; keep stirring.


In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs. Pour a small amount of the milk mixture into the eggs and stir quickly to prevent the eggs from cooking. Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan and whisk together. Bring the pudding to a gentle boil over medium. Once it starts boiling, cook for one minute longer. 










Remove from the heat, stir in butter, vanilla and banana puree and pour into a tupperware container. 









Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (and up to 2 days) before serving. Garnish with chocolate shavings.


* Recipe courtesy of pastryaffair.com

If your a regular reader here you know that I occasionally update my blog on Saturdays, but never on Sundays.  This Sunday was an exception though because I had an idea to host a blog party with absolutely NO RULES.  Just link up and go!  

The party will be open until Tuesday at noontime, so there's still plenty of time to link up.  Just click here to visit:  NO RULES Sunday Blog Party!  I may make this a regular weekend party so come join the fun!





XO,

Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. My kids always loved the banana pudding made with vanilla wafers. They still like it and I fix it occasionally when I know someone is dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I'm not sure what recipe that is Beth but sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom makes it with those Nilla Wafers too. It is soo good! This looks good too! I'll have to see if this is close to her recipe. She doesn't put chocolate shavings on hers, so I think I am going to have to tell her to start doing that. Chocolate makes everything taste better, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So need to try this!! YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always making banana bread with my overripe bananas. I want to try your pudding recipe now because it looks so good!

    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Paula - this looks SO fabulous - I can't wait to try this delicious Banana Pudding - homemade instead of out of a box!

    It is my pleasure to feature you this week at Inspire Me Monday at

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.