.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

June 18, 2012

My Good Luck Charm ...

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." 
 ~John Buchan

My girl absolutely LOVES fishing. 
 Although we live right by a lake, we don't go as often as we should.  

Yesterday afternoon Autumn and I were home alone, and she asked me if I would 
take her fishing. Immediately I had a flashback moment of when my son was her age,
 and he asked me to take him fishing. 

 He had insisted he knew just what to do with the worms and the fish, so I agreed to take him.  He dug up a few worms, got his pole, and when he did catch a fish, he didn't know what to do. Surprise! We then had to ask someone to help us, which was a bit embarrassing.

So when Autumn told me things I knew I had learned my lesson long ago, and told her she had to wait for her father to take her.  But after hours of her asking over and over, and then actually telling me how you unhook the fish etc., it did appear maybe she was serious.

She told me she wasn't going to use worms, but bread as bait.  So off we went.  And I have to give this girl credit, because she knew exactly what she was doing.  Within the first five minutes she caught a fish, reeled it in, unhooked it and said 
"See, I told you I knew what I was doing!".

Over the next hour she caught a total of six fish, and was so happy with herself.  Now she can add fishing to her summer to-do list, and next time I will say yes right away :)








  
Hope you all had a great weekend! 
Did anyone else do any fishing, for Father's Day perhaps?

XO,

Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. No fishing here...but that would have been fun! Love a girl who will not only bait her own hook, but take the fish off of it too! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say she ROCKS! She's great at unexpected things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome for her!!!! Loving the pics!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I think fishing is such a wonderful tradition to start with a parent and child. It's peaceful and filled with space to talk in a relaxing setting. I love that she used bread. ;)

    Oh, and thanks so much for following See Beautiful - we hope we give you many opportunities to do just that. We love following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so awesome! I love her confidence! I won't even attempt to take mine fishing. We went to feed the ducks this weekend and Allison stood on a bench the whole time so they wouldn't come near her lol. I don't want to think about how she'd do with fishing lol.

    Great pictures! I absolutely love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am impressed!! The pictures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your pictures!!! good for her..and you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great experience and talent, she got right to the job and reeled them in. Great photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting for her. I've still never caught a fish. Only octopus. I always catch octopus :-( Thanks for linking up for Flash Blog Friday Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a talented gal! This is such a fun activity!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.