.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

June 28, 2012

New Creative Challenge!! Can I do it?!!

Roasting hotdogs over a campfire and eating ooey gooey smores - what does this make you think of? Camping of course!  'Tis the season for camping whether you go out in the woods and pitch a tent, or drive your motorhome to an RV resort. 

 Since Autumn loves camping, I decided that I should put together a little camping set for her dolls complete with a little tent, sleeping bags, and a campfire. Then I thought what would be better than a store-bought set? A handmade set of course :) And now my newest creative challenge has begun. 

 The last few days I have been searching online for doll tent tutorials. I found many cute DIY's, but the instructions were not as detailed as I personally require. So I decided to go out on my own and create a tiny tent using a bed sheet, and actual sticks which I cut down in the woods. Hopefully within a week I will have a nice tent and photos to share. (Although if this project turns into a disaster like my tinted mason jars did, 
I will be very disappointed.) 

 Here's a sneak peek at what I have so far 
(no laughing now!).  


Next on my list is a little campfire. I'm looking forward to making this the most since the projects I'm basing my designs on, are just the cutest things ever. You may wonder how can a campfire be cute?  Just take a look at these samples below and you may agree (all found on Pinterest of course!)  
Everything is made from felt!

A log that would be too cute to burn


Felt marshmallow on a felt stick!



Lovin' this tiny felt fire!

The doll sleeping bag is the last item on my list, and thankfully over the winter I have already made a few. Here is look at one of my favorites :)


What projects or DIY's are inspiring you lately?
There's so much inspiration out there, but not enough time.

Be sure to stop back tomorrow for my weekly "Fabulous Friday Finds" post!  If your new to my blog, this is when I choose a theme, search Etsy for nine handmade, repurposed and/or vintage items which fit this theme, then create a collage which I showcase here.  There's always a direct link to each shop if you'd like to see more from a particular artist.  

As usual I'm also always looking for new theme ideas, or items to be featured.  If you have an idea for a theme, or your an Etsy seller with an item you'd like to be considered for a feature just send me a message! I'd love to hear from you!

Have a great day :)

XO,

Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhh this project you have brewing sounds FUN!! I loveeeeeeeeee it!!!! Loving all the goodies you found too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea. I am sure Autumn will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super excited to start! Now just have to find some time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see how you do the tent! What a great mom to make a play camping set for your daughter! Looks like you're off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Danni! We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so great; what a fantastic idea! How adorable! By the way, I posted your button on my site (I got you covered girl) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that log felt thingy on pinterest too and thought it was so cute! I usually make a lot of stuff out of polymer clay for my kid's American Girl dolls, and you have just inspired me to go back and make campfire treats now!

    I just ordered a ton of tulle on ebay and am hoping it gets here soon. My girls are wanting new clothes for their dolls too, so I have been pinning a ton of ideas to draw inspiration from.

    Love your sleeping bag too! It's very hippy chic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never used polymer clay before, but making little doll things from that seems like a great idea! I'm gonna have to look into that. Not that I have time for ANOTHER project lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never used polymer clay before, but making little doll things from that seems like a great idea! I'm gonna have to look into that. Not that I have time for ANOTHER project lol!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.