.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

June 7, 2012

Recipe Sharing Time! YUMMMMM :)

I know that I said today would be the day when I was going to share my results for the painted mason jar do-over, but unfortunately I am not yet ready. I am so dedicated to this project working out this time, that I don't want to rush it. The tutorial I am using for the do-over calls for a specific kind of paint which I could not find anywhere. Even substitutes for that paint were difficult to find. I did manage to eventually find what I needed, but not in time to complete the project for today. I promise I'm still working on this, and am quite optimistic that this will be a success to share within the coming days :) 

What I do have to share today is a dessert treat recipe I've been making forever. It is perfect for bringing along to cookouts and parties, although I must warn you it does have peanut butter in it. This has actually limited where I can bring along this item, such as school or school-related events. But these are so delicious I had to share. 

 Enjoy :)






Ingredients:

1 cup white sugar
1 cup white Karo Syrup
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups Rice Krispies
12oz. pkg. semi sweet chocolate chips
12oz. pkg. butterscotch chips





Directions:

1} In large pot over medium heat stir together 
sugar and Karo Syrup til boiling

2}  Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter

3} Add all the Rice Krispies and mix til thoroughly coated 

4}  Press mixture into a buttered 9"x13" pan

5} Place semi sweet and butterscotch chips in smaller pot

6}  Melt over low heat til combined and smooth stirring frequently

7}  Pour over treats and spread over top

8} Let set then cut into squares



Does anyone else out there make these?  
It's a yummy twist on your regular Rice Krispie Treats :)

Be sure to stop back tomorrow for my "Fabulous Friday Finds" post!  
What will my theme be this week???

Have a great day :)

xo,

Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

8 comments:

  1. Aren't these the most fabulous Rice Krispies Treats? We had them about 2 years ago and the person who made them wouldn't share the recipe. Thanks to Google, I found it myself lol.

    Anything with peanut butter is always welcome in our home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMM!!! These sound really good! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny Theresa! It crossed my mind to not put it out there myself, but I know it had to be already :) Plus I'm really nice lol.

    Your welcome Beth!! You'll LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look INCREDIBLE!! Peanut butter never lasts long in this house, I don't think these would stand a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your right they are soooooooo good and I'm not exaggerating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the jars!! And those rice krispies treats look YUMMY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look terrific. Yes I have made these for our grandchildren. But i haven' topped them with chocolate. Great idea! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Bloghop xo

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.