.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

July 6, 2012

Fabulous Friday Finds ...


"Hippie fashions and values had a major effect on culture, influencing popular music, television, film, literature, and the arts. Since the 1960s, many aspects of hippie culture have been assimilated by mainstream society. The religious and cultural diversity espoused by the hippies has gained acceptance, and Eastern philosophy and spiritual concepts have reached a larger audience. 

The hippie legacy can be observed in contemporary culture in myriad forms, including health foodmusic festivals,contemporary sexual mores, and even the cyberspace revolution."
Source wikipedia.com

This week the nine fabulous items I've chosen to feature from Etsy are either vintage items from the hippie era, or newly created items with a bohemian feel. Personally I don't exactly know what items went together. I'm sure I have some items a bit off-date, but afterall this collection was merely created for fun.  

Each item is numbered, and direct links to each Etsy shop are listed below the collage, if you'd like to see more from a particular artist.

Enjoy :)




I'd love to hear if any of you were a part of the hippie movement. As a child of the early 70's my parents weren't hippies, so I don't have any firsthand experience.(Although I did have bell bottom jeans with giant smiley faces on them.) Maybe this is why this whole revolution intrigues me so much.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Be sure to stop back at 12PM EST today for week three of my 
"NO RULES Weekend Blog Party"! This is where you submit your thumbnail linky and go! No rules to tie you down. Of course if you follow me or comment I ALWAYS return the ♥.



XO,

Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. I vaguely remember that era. At that time I was busy working and raising a family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was young in that era... but I have ALWAYS wanted to be a hippie chic... love love love that era!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. most of those hippies are now the establishment

    ReplyDelete
  4. True Annmarie :)

    Julie hippies are cool! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was born at the end of the 70's so I completely missed that era. Now, do some from the 80's and I'm all over it!

    I don't think the bell bottoms are something I can wrap my head around, but if I had the face shape, I would totally rock those oversized sunglasses! And the original love bug♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for including my Hippie car in this great collection!!!
    Maria Siyanko

    ReplyDelete

đź’• Thank you for your comment! đź’•

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.