.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

July 2, 2012

"The green grass and the happy skies ...

           ... court the fluttering butterflies"
~ Terri Guillemets

Watching the metamorphosis of caterpillar into butterfly is amazing and beautiful, a miracle really. 

We recently purchased a butterfly hatching kit, and over a period of less than a week we saw five ugly caterpillars form a chrysallysis, and then emerge as gorgeous painted lady butterflies.



We let the butterflies flutter around in their little habitat for a few days, but soon it was time to release them.







Autumn gently took each butterfly out of the habitat, held her hand out, and each one floated away upon the air.

Days later we believe we still catch glimpses of them fluttering by quickly, here and there.

Autumn enjoyed this activity so much that we will be sure to do this a few more times before summer's end.

Before I go I want to thank the lovely ladies from Create-With-Joy.com for including my Banana Pudding Recipe as one of their "Highlights of the Week", on their "Inspire Me Monday" post :) 


Click below to visit this wonderfully inspiring blog ~







I'm also linked up to Storytime ABC's 
Blog Hop!! All about BUGS!









Have a great week :)



XO,

Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. How lovely! What a great summer time post and I love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos!! What a great experience for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a magic in butterflies and in the faces of the people marveling in them! And they tickle when they walk on you in the best way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos are wonderful. What a great experience for Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought one of those a few years back on clearance at Target, then forgot to send the coupon in for the butterflies. D'oh! I should see if we still have the structure and send away for some. This looks so fun for kids to do. Autumn sure looks like she loved it!

    Have you seen the grow your frog from a tadpole kits? I'd like to do that too. Such a great learning experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I am visiting your blog for the first time by the Inspir Me Monday Blog Hop. I love visiting new blogs each week and this blog hop is one of my favorites. I am excited to explore more of your posts because this one is beautiful! What a wonderful, exciting experience for your daughter! Thank you so much for sharing it.

    I would love to invite you to visit my blog, Storytime ABC'S. I have several blog hops there that are collections of Activities, Books, Crafts, and Snacks (ABC'S) based on child-friendly topics.

    I would love for you to link up your post on my Bugs ABC'S Blog Hop. Your post would fit in perfectly, don't you think?

    You will find the blog hop at http://librarystorytimeabcs.blogspot.com/2012/05/photobucket.html

    I hope you are enjoying a lovely evening!
    ~K~

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful experience for kids! Everyone MUST do this once in their lifetimes. Actually this is my first time and I thoroughly enjoyed it as much as Autumn ;)

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.