.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

July 24, 2012

Homemade Mocha Frapuccino

Ok, I admit I've never once broken down and bought anything what-so-ever at Starbuck's. Everywhere I go I seem to pass a Starbuck's, and the delicious smells emanating from within almost always get me. Almost. But I refuse to pay $5.00 for a coffee, therefore I keep on movin'. 

But this doesn't mean that I can't have something similar at home.  What I've really been wanting to try from Starbuck's is a frozen coffee drink. So instead of stopping at the fancy coffee shop, I did was a little bit of research and a few test runs, and came up with a Homemade Mocha Frapuccino that I thought was delicious. 

I know I did use Starbuck's as an example, but I really have no idea if this is even comparable.  I was mainly using them as an example for over-inflated coffee prices. 
But, the recipe I've come up with here is DELICIOUS!  

The only thing is that this recipe requires coffee ice cubes, which obviously you need to make ahead of time.  To do this just brew a batch of strong coffee, pour into ice cube trays, and freeze. Then whenever your heart desires you can have your own yummy coffee drink :) 



3-4 Coffee Ice Cubes 
1/2 C Milk 
1-2 Tbsp Chocolate Syrup 
1 tsp Sugar, if desired
Whipped Cream, if desired
Chocolate Sprinkles, if desired

Just put all the ingredients in a blender and hit go!


When I made mine I didn't have whipped cream, but if I had I would have added a pile on top.  Oh and sprinkles too.

Be sure to stop back after noontime today for my Wordless Wednesday Blog Party! I can't wait to see what you all have to share this week!




XO,
Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. Cold, frothy and Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Yum Yum! I have never made a frozen coffee drink, but am totally trying this as soon as I get around to buying some ice cube trays. (Our fridge has an automatic ice machine on it). Pinning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny Theresa because I didn't have ice cube trays either, but one day our ice machine wasn't working, and I need my ice, so that's when I bought them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even drink coffee and your recipe is tempting me, must be the chocolate and whipped cream- yes♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, YUM! This looks so good. I'm a new follower and love your blog! I'd love for you to stop by mine! :)
    -Allie @ adventuresofamiddlesister.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.