.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

July 9, 2012

Monday Mayhem!

Ok maybe that was a bit dramatic as there's no mayhem here at the moment.  But we all know that can change quickly!


Today I have a fun kids craft, and some personal sewing projects to share.


Coming up with activities for bored children is not my specialty. Yes I have had three of them (kids that is), but when it comes to kids activities my brain sometimes takes a vacation. 

Maybe I'm just too picky, but I seem to find a fault with most ideas I come across. Too involved, too simple, too messy, too expensive, not exciting enough... 

 This past weekend I wanted to do a craft with Autumn. It take me awhile to come up with an idea, but finally I decided upon a windsock made from cardstock and crepe paper. When I asked her if she'd like to make one she was really excited about it. 

 This project wasn't too involved, too simple, too messy, too expensive or boring, and she really enjoyed making her's. Of course the best part hanging it outdoors and watching the wind blow it around. 

 Here's a quick little tutorial on how we made ours...


I took a 12x12 piece of cardstock and 
trimmed to our desired width. 






Next comes the decorating part ~ 
Autumn choose to decorate hers with markers, 
but you can use anything you can think of.


  

Now it's time to break out the crepe paper and glue sticks! 
Simply apply glue to the entire bottom edge of the backside 
of the cardstock.

Trim as many pieces of crepe paper which would fit across (we used 6). Then attach the strips of crepe paper along the glued bottom edge.

Lastly, with adult help, form a tube with the decorated side facing outwards, tape or staple together, punch holes at the top and string yarn through the holes.

Now you can chose a spot to hang your completed project! 



Before I go I'd also like to share four new 
additions to my Etsy shop ~ Sweet Owl Softies! 
These little creatures are so much fun to create :)











Hope you all have a great week!
  
For those of you who have been dealing with 
extremely hot temperatures, I hope your getting
 a bit of relief in the coming days :)



XO,

Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. Cute kid craft! Love those owl pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great craft project!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how it turned out!! And your owls are just ADORABLE!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea!

    The owls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, the owls are super cute!

    What a great idea for a kids craft! Maybe we will get around to making one next week. I know Allison would love to do something like this, and I have a ton of streamers left over from many other parties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the sweet comments ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the owls! Im even thinking of buying one from you soon when we do the nursery.

    P.s love the name Autumn

    Kerry
    oh-so-amelia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so sweet Kerry!! You made me smile :))

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.