.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

July 30, 2012

Monday's Mmmmm!

Today's Mmmmm is sure to put a smile on your face. 
 Well only if you like Almond Joy Bars 
and homemade ice cream! 

 Over the weekend I decided I just had to make Almond Joy Ice Cream. I scoured the internet for what I hoped would be a mixture that would stay creamy, even after fully frozen. And I'm happy to say I found it! 

 I used my ice cream maker for this recipe, but if you don't have one you can try just freezing the mixture in an air-tight container. It may not be as creamy, but I have a feeling that it would still be pretty delicious.

Enjoy :)


photo-1


Ingredients:
1 cup almond milk
2 cups sweetened coconut cream
2 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1 cup chocolate chips (mini, regular or chunks, whichever you prefer)
1/2 cup slivered almonds, if desired 


Directions:
In a large bowl whisk milk and coconut cream together until smooth and frothy. Slowly add whipping cream, whisking until completely incorporated. Turn ice cream machine on, and slowly pour in mixture. Let mix for 20 minutes.


Add coconut flakes, chocolate chips, and nuts if using, and continue mixing another 10 minutes.


Ice cream will be the consistency of soft-serve once mixing is complete. Either serve immediately or transfer to a air-tight container, seal, and freeze for an additional 2-4 hours. (Once my ice cream was frozen for 24 hours it was pretty hard, but still kept it's creamy consistency.)


The sad part is that after a weekend of eating waaaaay too much ice cream, I must get back on track with healthy eating.  Until next weekend that is.  I already have another ice cream flavor in mind...


Be sure to stop back to see what else I'm up to this week including my Wordless Wednesday Blog Party, Fabulous Friday Finds, and my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party.


Have a great week!
Photobucket

Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

11 comments:

  1. Sounds so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almond Joys are one of my FAVORITE candy bars! I will now start bugging my husband for an ice cream maker. I NEED to try this lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at this photo makes me want to eat more right now!! Somebody stop me!! lol

    Theresa you do need an ice cream maker!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds and looks so amazing! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't make some to my son as he's intolerant to milk etc... I should try with soy milk but I don't know how to make it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This looks so yummy Paula J! I could have some right now on this hot day in Jamaica. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This looks so yummy Paula J! I could have some right now on this hot day in Jamaica. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious!! Newest follower from redrose-vintage.blogspot.com
    Stop by when ever you'd like ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/08/show-your-stuff-38.html

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.