.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

July 23, 2012

New Obsession ~ Yarn Wreaths!

These days I've been loving to give handmade gifts. In the past I've given handmade jewelry, framed scrapbook pages, and homemade candy. By giving handmade you will save money, but it's also special because you put time, effort, and love into the project.  

My latest handmade gift was given to my sister this weekend for her birthday. I created a yarn wreath with felt flowers, and added glittery letters spelling out "HOME". This is actually the second yarn wreath I have made as a gift, I just forgot to take photos of the first one which I made for my mom. Her wreath was blue and white, included a real branch in the middle, and had a blue bird perched upon it. 

 As I made the wreaths I had all sorts of ideas for different designs of yarn wreaths. I know it's still summer, but I have plans to create two fall wreaths to add to my Etsy shop. Or maybe one to add to my shop and one to keep for myself :) 

 Below are photos of the wreath I just gave to my sister. I can't wait to stop by and see how it looks hanging on her front door.





Tommorrow morning I'll be back with a quick little drink recipe, and an early start to Wordless Wednesday during the afternoon! 

 Hope you'll stop back again :) 
 Have a wonderful week! 

XO,

Photobucket

Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

14 comments:

  1. How lovely! I bet your sister will love it! I haven't made a yarn wreath yet. Of all the craft supplies I have, yarn isn't one of them....yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wreath is beautiful I am sure your sister will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love love love those flowers!! I bet she loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, that's beautiful! Love the creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful wreath! I'm sure your sister loved it! It's never to early to start thinking about fall crafts. I'm embarassed to admit, this weekend my husband and I went store hopping looking to see if Halloween stuff was out yet. Talk about jumping the seasonal and holiday gun a bit lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies for the sweet comments!! She did love the wreath which makes all the work worthwhile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elegant looking wreath. Lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely gift! The flowers are beautiful and the word home at the top really adds to your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Paula and Lisa!!! Can't wait to make more of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so pretty, I like the colors you used for the flowers ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly lovely!

    Candace

    I work for http://www.cool2craft.com/ so if you're interested in being featured on our Creative Community Blog, email me at candace@cool2craft.com

    My personal blog: http://spiritclay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just adorable! Great job! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yarn wreaths are a good obsession to have, yours is so very pretty. It's good to be obsessed with something you do very well! I really like your color combination! So glad you shared your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – your creativity helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! Thanks for sharing. You should link it up on my new parade of wreaths linky!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.