.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

July 12, 2012

Perfect for a Hot Summer Day ...





I love it when this girl of mine has a plan.  She will announce to me what the plan is, 
and then there's no stopping her.  Yesterday the plan 
was to make homemade lemonade.  

So off to the store we went.  Autumn was all excited at the store choosing her
 own lemons, without any assistance 
from me of course :)

Once we were home I was assigned the job of letting her know what to do, and that's all I was needed for.  (Oh yea, and also to take over when her arm grew tired from squeezing lemons.)  

I found the perfect recipe, which involved making simple syrup so that the sugar is fully dissolved before mixing with the lemon juice.  The entire process was actually super easy, and Autumn was able to do most of the work, 
with my supervision of course.  

Here's how we did it:



1}  Mix together 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan 
Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves; Set aside


2}  Gather four lemons and whatever tools you choose to use to squeeze out the juice. 


3}  Squeeze until you have 1 cup of lemon juice.


4}  In a pitcher mix together the simple syrup, lemon juice and 3-4 cups cold water, depending upon your taste preference.


5}  Refrigerate 20-30 minutes, or until nice and cold.

6}  ENJOY!

The silly part of this entire thing was when we were drinking our first glasses of the lemonade, I commented upon how delicious it was.  Soooo much better than any store-bought lemonade.  Autumn's comment was so her ~  "It's ok". 

I can't believe the end of the week is nearing already.  With tomorrow being Friday, I will be back with my "Fabulous Friday Finds" blog post.  

If your new to my blog, this is when I choose a theme, search Etsy for nine handmade, repurposed and/or vintage items which fit this theme, then create a collage which I showcase here.  There's always a direct link to each shop if you'd like to see more from a particular artist.  

And I'm also always looking for new theme ideas, or items to be featured.  If you have an idea for a theme, or your an Etsy seller with an item you'd like to be considered for a feature, just send me a message! I'd love to hear from you!

Also beginning Friday evenings and lasting through the weekend, is my new "No Rules Blog Party"! This is where you submit your thumbnail linky and go! No rules to tie you down. (Of course if you follow me or comment I ALWAYS return the ♥).


Have a lovely day!

XO, 


Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

13 comments:

  1. I love homemade lemonade!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never made it before, but we will be doing this again, and again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to make homemade lemonade ever since we had fresh squeezed lemonade from Penn Station. It is soooo good there I want to make my own now. So funny how Autumn wasn't all show offey with her lemonade. She knew she made a good thing and let it do the talking for itself lol.

    I can't believe it is already almost Friday too. Where did this week go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing like a big glass of cold home made lemonade! So refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh...Thanks for sharing! This sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very easy to make!!! thank you for sharing ;)

    http://sparkleandco.blogspot.com

    I'm a new follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this! Lemonade is one of my favorites on a hot day! (Stopping by from Friendship Friday)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the lovely comments!! My lemonade is now gone, so I might have my daughter make me some more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a good recipe to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like tons of fun. What a great way to enjoy a treat in the hot weather. I'm one of your new followers, http://aetcheverry.blogspot.com/2012/07/friendship-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Austine I'm now following you back!!

    Bree this recipe is YUMMY and I'm making another batch right now :)

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.