.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

July 5, 2012

Recipe Time!

This time last year I made the yummiest dessert using blackberries. It was so good, that I shared the recipe here. 

Everyone who tasted these bars said that they were amazing. So, the facts that an entire year has gone by, and I plan on making these again real soon, had me thinking that I needed to share this one again!  

Enjoy!

Blackberry Pie Bars





Crust and Topping
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled


Fruit Filling
4 large eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup flour
pinch salt
zest of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp almond extract
2 (16-oz) packages frozen blackberries, thawed and drained, Or fresh if available


To make the crust and topping, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.


Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times to mix. Cut the butter into 1/2-inch cubes, and add to the flour mixture. Process until the butter is evenly distributed but the mixture is still crumbly, 30-60 seconds. (I didn't use a food processor, rather just forks to cut in the butter.)


Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the mixture to use as the topping. Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the pan, and bake 12-15 minutes. Cool for at least 10 minutes.

To make the filling, whisk the eggs in a large bowl, then add the sugar, sour cream, flour, salt, lemon zest, and almond extract. Gently fold in the berries and spoon the mixture over the crust. Sprinkle the remaining flour mixture evenly over the filling, and bake 45 to 55 minutes.

Cool at least 1 hour before cutting into bars, or scoop out of the pan to serve cobbler-style.

* Recipe source pinkparsley.com


Be sure to stop back tomorrow to find out what my theme for my "Fabulous Friday Finds" post will be!  If your new to my blog, this is when I choose a theme, search Etsy for nine handmade, repurposed and/or vintage items which fit this theme, then create a collage which I showcase here.  There's always a direct link to each shop if you'd like to see more from a particular artist.  

And I'm also always looking for new theme ideas, or items to be featured.  If you have an idea for a theme, or your an Etsy seller with an item you'd like to be considered for a feature, just send me a message! I'd love to hear from you!

Also beginning Friday evenings and lasting through the weekend, is my new "No Rules Blog Party"! This is where you submit your thumbnail linky and go! No rules to tie you down. (Of course if you follow me or comment I ALWAYS return the ♥).


Have a lovely day!

XO, 


Photobucket



Linking up with these lovely blog parties!







    SixSistersStuff.com

Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

12 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious. Thank you for sharing the recipe with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blackberries and have been buying them up at the store all month. These look super yummy! So going to pin this and try them out with my next batch from the store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful... I cant wait to try with custard. Can I ask you what weight of butter you used... (I'm not good with cups or sticks of.)
    jennie. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa if you love blackberries these will be awesome!

    Jennie! I just discovered a typo!!! I left the butter off the ingredients list. I will fix that in just a moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omgosh I must be more tired than I thought. I didn't forget to put the butter on the ingredients list.

    Jennie I'm not sure what conversion you use, but this link helps figure that out for you :))

    http://www.traditionaloven.com/conversions_of_measures/butter_converter.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds DIVINE!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds so yummy! Looks even better! I just love blackberries! I'm pinning this girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids would love this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That one is going squarely at the top of my to-do list! Looks wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks delicious and we just picked blackberries yesterday. May have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am visiting from Katherines Blog Hop - I can NOT wait to try this recipe. I was looking for a new treat for the kiddos ad this looks amazing! Thanks for sharing, looking forward to reading your other posts!
    Paige

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.