.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

August 2, 2012

Random Fun ...

This post can be filed under the category 
I like to call "Random Fun"! 

Yesterday during our weekly trip to the reptile store to buy crickets for Autumn's bearded dragon, we stopped by a little pen they have set up inside the store for a tortoise. (And when I say tortoise I do NOT mean turtle.  Autumn had a little discussion with me, and made sure that I knew there is a difference between the two.) 

 Normally the tortoise is in the back corner under his warming light. We always say hello, and he gives us a look as if he's saying "leave me alone". 

 But yesterday was a different story. This time he slowly made his way over to us to check us out.  He then stood up on his hind legs and put his front legs up on the edge of the pen.

He listened to what we were saying, and looked us right in the eyes. (this is where it became a bit creepy for me.) He responded by making little whining noises, and was loving the attention.

I never realized that tortoises are social creatures.
And that's my little bit of "Random Fun" for today!   








Did anyone already know that tortoises are social creatures, or is this new to you as well? I've always pictured them being slow, quiet, and grumpy. boy was I wrong :)

Have a great day, and be sure to stop by tomorrow to see what theme I've chosen for my "Fabulous Friday Finds" post!!

If your new to my blog, this is when I choose a theme, search Etsy for nine handmade, repurposed and/or vintage items which fit this theme, then create a collage which I showcase here. There's always a direct link to each shop if you'd like to see more from a particular artist. 

I'm also always looking for new theme ideas, or items to be featured. If you have an idea for a theme, or your an Etsy seller with an item you'd like to be considered for a feature, just send me a message! I'd love to hear from you! 

Also beginning Friday evenings and lasting through the weekend, is my new "No Rules Blog Party"! This is where you submit your thumbnail linky and go! No rules to tie you down. (Of course if you follow me or comment I ALWAYS return the ♥).

Each weekend the party has been growing a little bigger. Please help me make this party a success by linking up with me!

Thank You!  

Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. How fun!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the photos!!! I don't much about them... so I am not sure if they are social or not... cool that he was with you though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know tortoises were social! Cute pics and smart daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are so cute. I had no idea that a tortoise was a friendly guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so I'm not the only one who didn't know they were friendly. Although I didn't ask whether it was just this particular one that's friendly, or all tortoises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you might need to bring that tortoise home so Autumn can have another pet :)

    I didn't know they were social either. It struck me as odd when that story of the tortoise and the hippo being best friends came out. I guess this goes to show we all would like to have a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, I wanna tortoise. This is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paula.. beautiful log... I love that you daughter has no fear .. just like mine!
    Thank you so much for joining us in Thursdays Favorite Things Blog Hop! With His grace, wishing you peace and many blessings to you and yours... Carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweeet! We had tortoise when we were kids ( my brother and I)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your bloggy friendship and for sharing on the Thursday Favorite Things hop. Hoping you have a great weekend xo

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.