.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

August 9, 2012

Recipe Time

It's been awhile since I've shared a healthy recipe.  
I kind of gravitated towards summery things such as homemade Almond Joy Ice Cream and Blackberry Pie Bars

Hopefully I stay on track with my healthy eating, and then I can continue to share more healthy recipes with you.

So what do I have to share today?  Something I like to call a girly dinner. A yummy quiche I made last night.  It was quick and easy to make, and light for a warm evening.

Crustless Spinach, Onion and Feta Quiche


Ingredients

1 medium onion, chopped
6 oz. fresh baby spinach
2 large eggs
1/2 cup egg beaters (I used all egg whites)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
pinch of cayenne pepper
1-1/3 cups skim milk
1/2 cup feta cheese

Directions

1) Preheat oven to 400 deg

2) Lightly grease a pie plate

3) In a medium frying pan cook onion in a bit of olive oil over medium heat til translucent and tender

4) Add fresh spinach and cook until just wilted

5) Set aside to cool

6) In a large bowl wisk together eggs, flour, baking powder and salt

7) Whisk in milk then stir in the egg mixture

8) Pour into prepared pie plate

9) Top with feta cheese

10) Bake approx 25 minutes, until center is set and edge is golden brown

11) Let sit for 5 minutes

12) ENJOY!



Have a great day, and be sure to stop by tomorrow to see what theme I've chosen for my "Fabulous Friday Finds" post!!

If your new to my blog, this is when I choose a theme, search Etsy for nine handmade, repurposed and/or vintage items which fit this theme, then create a collage which I showcase here. There's always a direct link to each shop if you'd like to see more from a particular artist. 

Also beginning Friday evenings and lasting through the weekend, is my new "No Rules Blog Party"! This is where you submit your thumbnail linky and go! No rules to tie you down. (Of course if you follow me or comment I ALWAYS return the ♥). Please help me make this party a success by linking up!

Thank You! 
Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

8 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what? I have never had a quiche! I see recipes posted quite often for quiche and it's always in a dinner section. But with the eggs in there, I wonder, is it more of a breakfast item?

    Either way, it looks really good! I think some added mushrooms would be great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delish!!!!! I need to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess quiche could be a brunch, lunch or dinner item. Personally I wouldn't eat it for breakfast. But this is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM. Love this healthy recipe! Thanks for sharing!
    -Allie @ adventuresofamiddlesister.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've never tasted Quiche! my friend is a good cook and he promised to prepare it for me some day.
    Remark: the "comment" link is not clear. i hardly found it to post my comment
    Lovers' Shore

    ReplyDelete
  7. my sister is a vegetarian, and i'm sure she's going to love this. thanks for sharing the recipe with us! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.