It's been awhile since I've shared a healthy recipe.
I kind of gravitated towards summery things such as homemade Almond Joy Ice Cream and Blackberry Pie Bars.
Hopefully I stay on track with my healthy eating, and then I can continue to share more healthy recipes with you.
So what do I have to share today? Something I like to call a girly dinner. A yummy quiche I made last night. It was quick and easy to make, and light for a warm evening.
Crustless Spinach, Onion and Feta Quiche
1 medium onion, chopped
6 oz. fresh baby spinach
2 large eggs
1/2 cup egg beaters (I used all egg whites)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
pinch of cayenne pepper
1-1/3 cups skim milk
1/2 cup feta cheese
1) Preheat oven to 400 deg
2) Lightly grease a pie plate
3) In a medium frying pan cook onion in a bit of olive oil over medium heat til translucent and tender
4) Add fresh spinach and cook until just wilted
5) Set aside to cool
6) In a large bowl wisk together eggs, flour, baking powder and salt
7) Whisk in milk then stir in the egg mixture
8) Pour into prepared pie plate
9) Top with feta cheese
10) Bake approx 25 minutes, until center is set and edge is golden brown
11) Let sit for 5 minutes
Have a great day, and be sure to stop by tomorrow to see what theme I've chosen for my "Fabulous Friday Finds" post!!
If your new to my blog, this is when I choose a theme, search Etsy for nine handmade, repurposed and/or vintage items which fit this theme, then create a collage which I showcase here. There's always a direct link to each shop if you'd like to see more from a particular artist.
Also beginning Friday evenings and lasting through the weekend, is my new "No Rules Blog Party"! This is where you submit your thumbnail linky and go! No rules to tie you down. (Of course if you follow me or comment I ALWAYS return the ♥). Please help me make this party a success by linking up!