.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

August 23, 2012

"Stained Glass" Letter DIY ...

Perfect craft for the bigger kids in the bunch!
 


At the beginning of the summer I bought this cardboard letter for Autumn to decorate. Since she's a bit older now I wanted to come up with a technique that was a little more challenging than just painting and decorating with stickers or something of the such. It took a little bit of research, but I finally combined a bunch of different DIY's and came up with this fabulous creation.

Not only did she really enjoy making this, but was very proud of the completed project. It turned into a super fun and colorful decoration for her room!

What You'll Need:

* Cardboard Letter
(mine was about 8" tall and only $1.00 at Target,
although it's a common craft store supply :)

* White paint, sponge brush, and paper cup to put the paint in

* Newspaper to prevent any accidental spills
* Mod-Podge and a smaller paint brush

* Tissue paper in your choice of different colors
 
 
1} Set the letter on newspaper and paint entire thing 
with white paint. All I had was acrylic, but you can
use whatever you have on hand.

 
2} Let the paint dry completely

 
3} Take your tissue paper and cut out a bunch of smallish
pieces. They don't have to be perfectly shaped or anything.

 
4} Using small paintbrush spread Mod-Podge on a small area of the letter, place a few pieces of the tissue paper to cover that area, and then seal top gently with a bit more Mod-Podge.
 
This is where a bit of patience is needed as things may get
sticky,and it takes some time to cover the letter.
 
 
5} Once the letter is covered and dry,
it should look something like this!
 
 

Have a great day, and be sure to stop by tomorrow
to see what theme I've chosen for my
"Fabulous Friday Finds" post!!
 
If your new to my blog, this is when I choose a theme, search Etsy for nine handmade, repurposed and/or vintage items which fit this theme, then create a collage which I showcase here. There's always a direct link to each shop if you'd like to see more from a particular artist.

 

Also beginning Friday evenings and lasting through the weekend, is my new "No Rules Blog Party"! This is where you submit your thumbnail linky and go! No rules to tie you down. (Of course if you follow me or comment I ALWAYS return the ♥). Please help me make this party a success by linking up!
Thank You!  
Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. Cute!! I want to do one for each of my boys now, haha.

    - Jaime
    mrsmamapanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about mod podging some alphabet letters for a while. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

    Autumn's turned out really nice! I like the colors she chose. I'm sure she feels very proud of her artwork every time she sees it in her room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn did a beautiful job on the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Given that they sell something similar at Anthropologie for ungodly amounts, this is awesome!

    Happy seeing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really great! :D Very crafty and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You, Thank You for the lovelyyyyy comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWWWWWWWWWW!!!! She just ROCKED it!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple, fun project. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Julie, thanks Bree!!!!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.