.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

August 30, 2012

this one's for the ladies!


Happy Mail!

I’ve been hearing a lot about happy mail recently, and decided to 
research a bit as to what happy mail really is.  These days it’s rare 
to receive something  fun and special in the mail.  Most of what 
we receive are bills,  junk mail, and other boring things.  So the 
thought of receiving something that would spread happiness
 is very appealing to me.

What I discovered is that generally happy mail is  sending/receiving 
an item in the mail that is unlike anything you have ever sent/received 
before.   The trick is anything 13 oz or less  you can just pop in the 
mailbox.  No actual box/packaging needed!

Below are some amazing examples of what has been 
sent/received in the mail successfully, as is!
 (Get ready to smile :)  



Flip flops!




Bouncy balls!



Candy!



Next I’d like to announce my ingenious plan! I have decided to host 
a Happy Mail Party!  This will work similar to chain letter mail, but 
instead of  feeling dread, you will feel a surge 
of  happiness and excitement!


The way this will work is that if you’d like to be involved, 
send me an email with your name and address.  I know 
some of you may not want to do this, 
but I cannot think of another way.

Once I have enough people signed up I will write up a master 
list with everyone’s names and addresses, going in the order 
in which the emails were received. 

Next I will begin by sending the first person on the list a 
happy mail package, along with the list.  What the recipient will do 
is cross off your name, make up a happy mail package for the next person on the list, and pop it in the mail.  And on and on!

The one rule is that you must take a photo of the happy mail you 
have received (optional whether or not you'd like to be in the photo :)
and send it to me.  This way once everyone has received their 
packages I can post the photos here!

Whose on board???


Be sure to stop by tomorrow to find out what theme I've chosen this week for my Fabulous Friday Finds post!  And beginning at noon my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party with Linky opens!



Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

12 comments:

  1. How fun is that happy mail!!??!?!??!?!? Very cool idea you have going on here!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of happy mail before, but I heard of someone sending a pineapple through the mail when they visited Hawaii. They said their dad had a hard time wrestling it out of the mailbox lol.

    This is such a cute idea. I can't wait to see the response you get from it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl, thanks for joining in on the Friday Chaos blog party! So glad you linked up with us, and I get to follow you! Wahoo!
    I also wanted to let you know about a coffee mug swap that I am hosting. It is a different spin on the idea that lets you get to know other bloggers better. And you get a pretty new mug just in time for fall! Score! Today is the last day to sign up and I would absolutely love to have you. I am hoping to get 50 swappers, the more the merrier! Here is where you can get all the deets and sign up to join: http://yellowumbrelladesign.blogspot.com/2012/08/coffee-mug-swap.html
    Love bloggin' with ya. Talk to you soon :D
    Dalayna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea!
    Thanks for linking up at Friday Chaos this week
    Have a nice weekend
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun, never heard of it, but I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok I believe I have a few people signed up for the swap. After thinking more about this I'm going to change the format a bit to make things more private for everyone involved. Stay tuned next week for updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like fun! I would love to participate but the mail here in Canada is super picky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember reading a long time about about mailing odd things, but I had never tried it. This sounds like it would be such fun to do with my kids. Thanks for the inspiration. And while visiting your blog, I discovered so much more. I'm your latest follower so I can keep up!
    Thanks,
    Bonny @ thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicole I have another participant from Canada. Maybe I could match you up with her. I'll be sending you an email to talk more about it :)

    Bonny thanks so much for the compliment and follow! I'm now off to visit you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute idea! I can't participate at this time. But, it will be fun to see what people are sending!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.