.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

September 25, 2012

Pinterest Recipe Success!

While going through my Pinterest boards the other day I decided I should pick at least one thing from my recipe board to try out. It's so easy to just pin away all these wonderful ideas and recipes, but quite another to actually follow through with doing them. 

 I decided upon "Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas". I had some leftover chicken to use up and figured this was a good choice. It is also a healthy meal, which is always a plus. And it's quick and easy with little clean-up in the end.  Oh and it's affordable too :)

My family enjoyed this dish, and my daughter commented on how she liked it better than the original fajitas I normally make.  My son, who loves spicy foods, added some hot sauce to his.  I thought it was perfectly spicy for my taste.

Before I share the recipe with you I would like to give credit to Laura from Real Mom Kitchen who came up with the recipe.  Thank you Laura! I will be sure to visit her blog often as she has many awesome recipes to share.


                            Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
Original Recipe by Real Mom Kitchen


1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
(I used my precooked chicken which worked well).

2 Tbsp Vegetable oil (I used Olive Oil with good results)
2 tsp Chili Powder
2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp dried Oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 medium onion, sliced
1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I used one small red and one small green)
12 flour tortillas (I used whole wheat tortillas)
Toppings such as cheese, sour cream, and guacamole, if desired

1} Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 9x13 baking dish
2} In a small bowl combine oil, chili powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt
3} Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat
4} Add the tomatoes, peppers and onion to the dish and stir to combine
5} Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
6} Serve on tortillas with desired toppings





I'd love to hear if you've had any successes or fails with recipes found on Pinterest?! 

Be sure to stop back after 12PM US EST today for my Wordless Wednesday Blog Party! 



I love to see what you all 
have to share each week, and 
always return the Linky Lve :))

Photobucket
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. I love fajitas! I usually fry mine, so this recipe seems a little more healthier than my version.

    Every Friday as I am making my grocery list, I go through my Pinterest boards to see what looks good and try very hard to make one new recipe a week. I'm happy to say, I've only had like one or two bad ones so far. Pinterest is so fab for wanna be cooks like myself lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love recipes that include chicken and this certainly looks yummy Paula! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definitely was yummy and on the healthy side :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a real winning recipe!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.