.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

October 18, 2012

All Shook Up ...

Tuesday evening as I sat at the computer (what else would I be doing, really??) I felt something I had never felt before.  First I thought maybe it was a loud truck, then I thought maybe a really loud radio, but there was no music.  It only lasted a few moments and I thought "hmm that was weird".  But shortly thereafter I discovered the true cause.  A 4.0 earthquake centered in Maine.  

As soon as it ended Facebook blew up with hundreds of comments with people freaking out in disbelief, and sharing their stories as to what they were doing when it hit.  (Some of the stories were actually kind of humorous).  

And I know there are some of you out there saying "that is nothing Paula!", but still.  Quite a shocking event for me. New Hampshire doesn't have earthquakes! At least in my experience.    

Thankfully there was no major damage or injuries reported.  Maybe just some minor thing such as this:


{This is a joke photo which was going around on Facebook}




Looking Ahead:

Tomorrow is Friday, and that means my latest 
edition of Fabulous Friday Finds will be out. 

I'm also super excited to announce I am once again a co-host of 
the Friday Chaos Blog Party hosted by Lotte from Berice Baby and
Kerry from Oh So Amelia

And beginning at 12PM US EST my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party 
opens for the entire weekend!  You can stop by anytime and link up anything
How fabulous is that?!


Sincerely,

Paula



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

13 comments:

  1. There was a little earthquake near me last year while I was sitting at the desk- the monitor and chair swayed a bit and there was a little rumble sound outside, it's weird while it's happening. Thank goodness you only had a small one, too. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't we all so lucky that we all that it was either a truck or, for me, because I live so close to an Air Force base, a low-flying plane coming in?

    The Boy thought the whole thing was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious. I'm down in south eastern Mass and supposedly a few people I know felt it, but I missed the whole thing until my Facebook feed started blowing up about it LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw back east friends posting about it on FB and was like WHAT?!?!?!?!? Earthquakes don't happen there... so weird!! I loveeeee the pic!! Too funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aahh, it always creeps me out to hear about earthquakes (or tornadoes, etc.) in places they do not usually happen! :) Danica

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't have them in Indiana either, but there was a small one last year. I didn't feel it, but my husband called me right after and said it was a little scary.

    Glad it wasn't serious. That photo is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There was one over the summer that hit Oklahoma close enough it rocked us here in Missouri. My husband and I slept right through it, we were exhausted :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am pretty much your neighbour, just up here in fredericton.
    Glad your ok, new follower here by the way:0

    http://ramblingmomma03.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Newest follower via the blog hop:)

    http://adayinthelifeofamomandawife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha...that picture is hilarious of the patio chair falling over!

    I found you via the Friday Chaos blog hop.
    Following you!

    Come say Hi at Raising Reagan :)

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    PS ~ Not on blogger so I probably show up as a no reply commenter :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Heard about it but never felt it ~ Grateful ~ are people okay? ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    thanks for coming by and commenting ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. The photo is too funny. **New follower** Came across your blog via FRIDAY CHAOS blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha that picture is too funny ;)
    First time joining this hop :) Following via GFC now and would love it if you stopped by sometime!

    xx
    sophie

    http://theforgestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.