.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

October 15, 2012

Making Magic with Sharpies



For me the Sharpie has always just been the marker you use when you need something super permanent, or the marker my child likes to use to draw pictures with, which proceed to leak through the paper onto the table.  

Not once have I thought of the Sharpie as a craft tool.  But, I've just discovered a whole new crafty world where the Sharpie takes center stage.

Take a look at these amazing and creative uses for the Sharpie~



Decorative Dishes from sachimemphis.com



Sharpie Placemats from livinglocurto.com





Handwritten Lampshade source unknown



Creative Gift Wrapping from marthastewart.com


Leaf Drawing and Doodling by ArtfulParent.com



Painted Rocks by Chrissie Grace



Now that I have a Sharpie craft projects on my never-ending to-do list, I must make the difficult decision of which project to choose.  Have you ever created something using Sharpies?  I'd love to hear about it, and how it turned out :)

Wishing you all a lovely week,


  Sincerely,

Paula




Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

21 comments:

  1. Wow. I'd never thought of using one to decorate before ... love all of these ideas, especially the gift wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never leave home without my Sharpie!!! I use it on all my lo's!!! These projects are gorgeous! I am loving the rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Michelle! And Julie I'm not surprised at your creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Paula! The Sharpie is definitely something to have. Look at all these wonderful things that were decorated with a Sharpie. Thanks for sharing and have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful ideas for sharpies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula, love your blog! Thanks for sharing me those great ideas
    and thanks for your lovely visit touch to my blog, hope you like to join my blog and visit me again sometime.
    (I have add your blog)

    Hugs,
    >*^*<Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I just love this idea!! The wrapping paper is great!
    www.dayswithdylanandkc.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Returning the new follower love via BlogLuvin!
    I had no idea you could use sharpies likes that! So crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post filled with creative ideas ~ lovely! Fun! ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never thought of them as a craft tool until my daughter started asking for them for her birthday this past summer. She was really wanting the metallic ones they make now. I will have to borrow hers sometime and try to get my craft on with them too. I may have to start small, like those painted rocks. I'm not much of an artist and my handwriting sucks to try anything on a larger scale just yet. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What super cute ideas! I love the writing on the leaves and the table paper -- so many possibilities with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that is a lot of awesome sharpie ideas! I found your blog on the blog hop. Hope you follow back :)

    lovinglifeinthefablane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't ever made a project with a Sharpie (outside of kiddie projects), but how neat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those decorative dishes are just beautiful! Will be giving them a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so great! I love my Sharpies too, but I'm afraid I'd smear what should be beautifully written! Any tricks to keep the permanent permanent?

    (found you through the hop)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tamara! I do know that if you bake glassware it'll be safe to eat on. Other than that I'd think the permanent would be permanent. I think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is ingenious! I had never thought of using a Sharpie like this and the ideas you have found are great!! I better start practising my handwriting so I can try a few things xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. so creative!!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Wishing you a beautiful weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cool ideas. thanks for sharing on Tutorial Thursdays, much appreciated.
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a good idea :)
    Definitely want to try a few of these projects out!
    Now following

    www.wandincluded.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxx
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.