.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

October 8, 2012

Manic Monday Mayhem ...


It was brought to my attention recently that I am a no-reply blogger. I had no idea what this meant, so I did a bit of research and it seems that your comments on other blogs cannot be replied to through your email when you switch over to Google+. 

Well me being me didn't even know this was a possibility. Not very smart I guess. So I began to research on how to check your status and fix it. Normally I can figure out pretty much anything on my own, but now I am more confused than ever. 

I found plenty of tutorials out there, but I would try to follow them and then something about my dashboard would differ from the tutorial and I became stuck. Some tutorials suggested switching to the old blogger interface, but then some of your information would be removed from Google+ and I don't want that!

So my mission for today is going to be to figure this out.  That's not saying I will, but I'm going to try.  

Photo via flavorwire.com

Now I'm bringing out my megaphone ~ 

"If there's anyone out there who is/was in the same 
boat as me and has solved this mystery, 
I'd love a little bit of help!"  

In the meantime I will be Googling away in search of my answer...


Now back to my regularly scheduled program ~

Tomorrow morning I will be back to share a little bit of creative fun, and in the afternoon my Wordless Wednesday blog party will be up and running :)  I'm also still working on commenting and/or following from my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party. So in case you were wondering, no I didn't forget you!




Wishing you all a wonderful week :)  

Sincerely,

Paula







Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. I did mine the other day (I did the same as you assumed switching to google+ was a good thing. If you go into the blogger platform at the top where is says

    XXXX Blogs - theres a cog in the right hand corner if you click on that in there will be something to do with disconnect or change back to blogger profile (sorry I can't remember the exact wording and you click on that) the only downside if your blogger profile is now wiped so you have to go through and set it back up.

    Hope that helps a little

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I found out: You can switch to the old blogger interface, check the box to link your email, then switch back to Google plus and it works. Here's why I went back in and changed back to "no reply": For whatever reason if you're a Google plus user and you switch in this way (the only way I know of) it disables your ability to use OpenId for comments. Trying to use OpenId suddenly starts bringing up an error message that it can't verify your credentials as owner of that url. Ultimately I switched back to "no reply" because I want the ability to use my OpenId. If you ever figure out a way to be a "email reply" blogger and not lose the ability to use OpenId, I'd love it if you'd share the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what all of this means. I list an email address for me in my profile and I thought that was all you had to do. I get email comments from others so I guess it is working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always had my email connected to my comments ... I am pretty sure it's still there as I have people respond to my comments all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had someone point this out to me last year and I switched it then with her walking me through it. Then the new blogger interface started so I don't know where I stand now. It's all so confusing for me. I hate trying to figure that stuff out :(

    I hope you are able to figure it out soon!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.