.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

October 2, 2012

soup to warm you from the inside out ...

Now that the weather is beginning to cool, I can once again make soup!  This delicious recipe is another Pinterest gem that I recently stumbled upon.  Originally from Family Fun Magazine, it was included in a pin titled "25 Fall Soups". So I'm one down and 24 to go :)

I have listed to the recipe as I found it, but made a few adjustments to make a larger batch.  All changes are noted.

                              

Ingredients:

2 tbsps olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small zucchini, diced (I used 2)
1 medium carrot, peeled and diced (I used 3)
5-1/2 cups chicken stock (I used approx 7 cups)
1 tsp dried basil (more if fresh)
1 bay leaf 
1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes (I used 15 oz petite diced tomatoes)
1/2 tsp salt
8-9 oz fresh or frozen tortellini, cheese or meat filled (I used 20 oz fresh)
2-3 tbsps chopped fresh parsley (I used 3 tsp. dried)
Black pepper, to taste

Directions:

1}  Heat olive oil in a large pot.  Add onion, zucchini, and carrots. Saute over moderate heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring often, until the onion is soft and translucent.

2}  Add the stock, basil, bay leaf, tomatoes, and salt to the pot.  Increase the heat and bring the mixture to a low boil.  Add the tortellini and bring the soup back to a low boil.  Cook for 2 minutes, then reduce heat and let simmer for 5-6 minutes longer.  Gently stir in the parsley and pepper during the last minute or so.

Do you have a favorite soup recipe that you make? Or have you discovered a new soup recipe that was surprisingly good? I'd love some more ideas :)




*** PS! ***

If you participate in Wordless Wednesday be sure to stop back here after 12PM US EST today for my Wordless Wednesday Blog Party!! I always return the and link back :)


Sincerely,

Paula
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. looks and sounds delicious, and since I'm a huge soup fan this definitely goes to my -to try - list :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmmmmmmm!!! need to try this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good! I haven't made soup for a long time. I need to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Can't wait to make this - if our weather ever cools down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one inspiring looking soup. Made chili yesterday, easier than I thought. This soup may have to be next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I made Tortellini muffins the other day with leftovers. I love soup and can't wait for it to cool down here so I can try a few new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This soup was super easy and yummy :)) Even if your not good at making soup.

    ReplyDelete

๐Ÿ’• Thank you for your comment! ๐Ÿ’•

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.