Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

My Photo

Hi I'm Paula, a quirky, crafty Mom from New Hampshire. I have a little shop on Etsy where I sell papercrafts, softies and other random goodies :) I'm crazy about Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogging, handmade, vintage, networking, making new bloggy friends, and I'm PR friendly too :)

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

♥ Blog Lovin'! ♥

Follow Sincerely, Paula

Linky Followers

I N S T A G R A M ~ O' Snap!

NETWORKED BLOGS

November 29, 2012

A Christmas Project ...


The day after Thanksgiving I began putting out our Christmas decorations.  Normally I get everything all set up in one day, but not this year.  I decided that my home needed a change from the ordinary decorations we use year after year.  Many of the items are sentimental, but have become a bit boring.   My solution to boring was to create a bunch of new decorations, but I obviously didn't start early enough, therefore I'm still creating.  

I haven't had the time to make the little Christmas village that I blogged about last week, but this is still big on my list!  I also have a few other projects in the works which I hope will be ready to share next week.

What I do have to share today is a yarn wreath I made that was inspired by a wreath I came across on Pinterest last year.  Lately I've been loving bright, fun colors against white, and this is just that.  And of course it has pom poms, which I think is the best part of the entire wreath!






How much time do you spend decorating your home? Do you go all out and do it in one day, or do you take your time and  do bits and pieces over a longer period of time?  What kinds of decorations do you like?

L o o k i n g   A h e a d:

Tomorrow is Fridayand that means the latest edition of my Fabulous Friday Finds will be out!  I don't usually give hints ahead of time, but I will reveal that this will be a Christmasy collection :)

Also, beginning at 12PM US EST tomorrow my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party opens for the entire weekend!  You can stop by anytime and link up anything! How fabulous is that?!


Sincerely,


Paula

16 comments:

Lisa said...

love this !! i have a wreath i think i may need to put this on my to make list! great work .pom poms are freaking awesome.hmmm do i remember how to make them?!
hugs xo

Bree @ Twinkle in the Eye said...

Wow that must have taken a while. But very cute.

Masshole Mommy said...

Oh wow, that is so cute, but seriously - how long did it take you to make that?

You are so crafty. I wish I had 1/25th of the amount of craftiness that you have......

marty said...

I am also realizing a little late that I want to use decorations different from what we've used in the past...we must be crazy! I think the wreath is adorable and will possibly go on my to-do list. You have me pondering :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! I am IN LOVE with your WREATH!!! I just loveeeeeeeeeeeee it!!! WOW!!!! And we (ok... I!! lol!) decorate in one day ...and we have a mish-mash of stuff that goes up...from older things to brand new! :)

Joanna P-G said...

lovely

Camille said...

Cute wreath!! I like to decorate with my daughter's winter/holiday themed crafts and drawings. :)

Sparkle Cole said...

Thank you for your comment! I think I'll share the recipe of my petits beurre for the no rule linky ;)
;)

Joyce Lansky said...

That's a wonderful wreath! I love decorating my classroom for the holidays.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2012/11/theme-thursday-whispers.html

Theresa said...

Very pretty! I think we are in the same boat. I have a million craft projects I need to get done, but haven't found the time for them all yet!

Judy Haughton-James said...

Wow! You certainly did a great job with the wreath Paula. I like to decorate with ornaments, red candles, Santa figures, thistle, decorative balls and much more. I usually take awhile. When my twin was around we would go all out and do it quickly.

Katherines Corner said...

I love this! oops sorry was I shouting, giggle. thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop.xo

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

wow! this certainly took some time ~ lovely creation ~ love hand made Xmas decorations ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

Danielle said...

Very retro feel...I love it.

Natalie B. said...

So cute, love it!
Thanks for sharing on Tutorial Thursdays.
x
Natalie
www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

understandingalice.com said...

What a great idea! It's lovely x