.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

November 20, 2012

Christmas Villages

This holiday season I decided that I must have a Christmas Village.  Not just an ordinary village, but one that  is whimsical and cute.  With glitter, snow, and tiny trees.  I've been seeing a lot of these style villages around online, and have completely fallen in love with the look.  

After researching where I could purchase them, I discovered that most of them are handmade from cardboard, paper, cardstock, etc.  Since handmade is my thing, I decided this is a MUST DO project, and soon.  I'll be starting to decorate at the end of the week. 

Below are the results of my latest search for handmade villages I like best. I haven't decided which look I'll go for, but I can't wait to begin.  

At the bottom I've also shared a link to a site with a DIY for cardboard houses, just in case I've inspired you to create your own village :)  

Enjoy, and be inspired...  







Source
Holiday Village made with patterned 
paper and embellishments.


Source
Pastel Christmas Village crafted from cereal boxes



Source
Christmas Village crafted from cereal boxes


Source
Christmas Village crafted from mat board and cardstock


Decorated Premade Houses and one cardboard house

Printable Christmas Houses

Source
Construction instruction!


Which one of the above do you like best?  I'm so indecisive!! 
Have you ever attempted making your own house, or an entire village? 
If so was it difficult, and how did it turn out?  


 L o o k i n g   A h e a d ~

If you participate in Wordless Wednesday I'd love for you to 
stop back later this afternoon for my Wordless Wednesday Blog Party.  

It will be open at 12 PM US EST today, and will remain open until 
12 PM US EST on Friday.  {I always return the Linky Lve!}

Sincerely,

Paula
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

12 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore the trees in that top picture!! They are so cute.

    My mom always had a ceramic village that she set up every year. I think she got most of the houses and accessories at the Christmas Tree Shop over the span of probably about ten years. She doesn't set it up anymore, though, and I just don't have the room for it at my house.....plus, my boys would have the whole thing destroyed in record time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES!! That is HARD!! I loveeeeeeeeee them all ... but I am thinking that the first one is my FAVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all of those ideas. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are seriously awesome! I have been eyeing the little villages for years now, but man they are expensive! I love the hand made alternative. Those villages are adorable!

    Oh, and no photos of the purple hair, sorry :( It only lasted a few weeks before I dyed black over it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen these before. They're so cute! My favorite one is the pinky peach village, the second photo in the list. So very whimsical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea Paula! They are all beautiful. I wonder which one you will choose. Thanks for sharing this on Creative Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the pastel best, that's awesomeness on twenty two levels. :)

    Have fun whatever you decide, it'll be neat to see the pics after you're done. My mother-in-law has a village she adds to each year and she just loves it (it is pretty darn sweet).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did an amazing job! I'm afraid my village might would look a bit like an earthquake had hit if I attempted it :-)
    I love the one with that bright pop of green in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like them all, they are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a wonderful project!!!! Great inspiration too. Thank you for linking to the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. These houses are two cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.