My Photo

Hi I'm Paula, a quirky, crafty Mom from New Hampshire. I have a little shop on Etsy where I sell papercrafts, softies and other random goodies :) I'm crazy about Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogging, handmade, vintage, networking, making new bloggy friends, and I'm PR friendly too :)

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

♥ Blog Lovin'! ♥

Follow Sincerely, Paula

Linky Followers

I N S T A G R A M ~ O' Snap!

NETWORKED BLOGS

November 12, 2012

Recipe Time!



Last Friday evening one of my friends had planned a girl's night at her place, and she asked us to each to bring an appetizer.  I wanted to make something different that I hadn't made before, so where was the most logical place to begin my search?  Pinterest of course :)

I spent about half an hour browsing all sorts of yummy appetizer recipes, but most of them called for hard to find ingredients, or were just too much work.  Then I came across a recipe for bruschetta. With a fancy name like bruschetta, I always assumed this was a very involved appetizer to make, but I couldn't have been more wrong. 

As soon as I glanced at this recipe I knew I had found what I was looking for.  With easy to find ingredients and easy preparation, this was a simple and elegant choice.  

B r u s c h e t t a
Recipe adapted from Our Best Bites

2 cups diced Roma tomatoes
1/3 cup diced sweet red onion
1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
a few cracks of black pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1 loaf of french bread
additional olive oil
1 large garlic clove or garlic powder
fresh mozzarella cheese (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine tomatoes, onions,balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and 1 tsp olive oil in a bowl and mix to combine.  Add basil and gently toss to distribute.  Give it a taste and add additional salt and pepper if necessary.  Cover and chill.

Slice the french bread into 1/2"-1" slices and place on a baking sheet.  Brush olive oil on tops.  Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or til lightly toasted.  Remove pan from oven.  If using whole garlic clove, slice in half and rub cut side down on each piece of bread.  If using garlic powder sprinkle lightly over tops of bread.  

If desired place a slice of mozzarella cheese, or a bit of shredded mozzarella on the bread.  Top with about a tbsp of the tomato mixture.

* Makes approximately 24 pieces, depending on how thick or thin you cut your bread.



L o o k i n g   A h e a d:


If you participate in Wordless Wednesday I'd love for you to stop by anytime after 12PM US EST tomorrow (Tuesday) and link up! I love to see what you all have to share each week :)

And don't forget about my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party which opens Friday afternoons, and stays open all weekend long.  The party continues to grow each week thanks to my wonderful bloggy friends.  This past weekend we broke the record with over 110 linkups!! 

If your new to my blog and haven't yet linked up to my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party I'd love for you to join me! You can link up anything you like ~ Blogs, Twitter, Facebook Pages, Pinterest, Instagram, Etsy Shops etc....!! This is a great way to network, meet new bloggy friends, and gain traffic/followers.  


Wishing you all a lovely week!

Sincerely,


Paula

10 comments:

New End Studio said...

This does look very good and healthy, too ♥

Masshole Mommy said...

I love, LOVE bruschetta!! I mean love! The thing is, as I get older, I need to take a zantac before hand because tomatoes give me wicked heartburn these days LOL.

Awesome recipe!

mail4rosey said...

That does look good. I hope it was a big hit at the party!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks YUMMY!!!

Beth said...

Looks delicious!

Judy Haughton-James said...

This looks so delicious Paula! I wish I could have one now!:) Have a wonderful Monday.

Kera said...

YUM! Your bruschetta is making me hungry and it's too late to eat! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe :) Hope your week is off to a fabulous start!

OH and gonna need to link up with you at your NO RULES blog party next week. Looks like a good time!

Theresa said...

Yum! This has been on my "to make list" for quite some time. Your recipe sounds delicious! Pinning!

Alicia said...

That looks very yummy and simple to make. I will have to make this for lunch one day very soon!

Jessica Pelasky said...

I love Bruschetta! Yummy!

Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!