.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

November 26, 2012

Skirting Around the Holidays!


My latest creative endeavor began as they usually always do ~ with a "Hey! I can make that myself!" moment. 

This particular moment occurred over the weekend when Snowflake, Autumn's Elf on the Shelf, appeared. Autumn looked intently at Snowflake and said "I wish he were a girl". 

So off to Google I went like a bullet, where I discovered that they actually do sell a little skirt meant to turn your boy elf into a girl elf. The problem was that the little thing was expensive for just a teeny skirt, and not very pretty (at least I didn't think so). 

And this is how my latest mission came to be ~ my "Hey! I can make that myself!" moment. And that is just what I did. Out of felt, ric rac, a little bit of velcro, and a bow made from baker's twine. 

Autumn was ecstatic when she saw her elf wearing the skirt, and it brightened my day to know that I was able to create something that could make someone so happy.


This skirt is in no way endorsed by the company 
that makes the Elf on the Shelf. It is solely my creation.

The skirt turned out so cute that I've decided to offer it as a custom order in my Etsy shop!   Click here for details!! 



L o o k i n g   A h e a d:

If you participate in Wordless Wednesday I'd love for you to stop by anytime after 12PM US EST tomorrow (Tuesday) and link up! I love to see what you all have to share each week :)

Friday I'll be back with my weekly "Fabulous Friday Finds" post, and my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party opens Friday afternoons as well, and stays open all weekend long. I'd like to give a big thanks to my bloggy friends who have helped to make this party a success!!

Wishing you all a lovely week!


Sincerely,


Paula
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. Funny! We just opened our Elf on the Shelf box a couple days ago (2yr tradition)... maybe next year it'll be a girl! :) Danica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea the Elves on the Shelves only came as boys. I finally gave in this year and got one for the boys, but I didn't look at them too closely when I bought mine. He's making his appearance NEXT weekend because I didn't think I was creative enough to find new places for him for more than 24 days LMAO.

    That skirt is pretty flippin' cute, though. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and just loveeeeeeeeeee the skirt!! ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, it is a cute skirt and the Elf on the Shelf is now a girl. :)

    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually did see a girl Elf on the Shelf at AC Moore, but it was kinda creepy and still looked like a boy...adding a skirt was the best option :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is seriously hilarious but toooooo cute at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband tried getting me to buy that ugly skirt at the store this year, but I didn't like it either. I thought about turning our Elf into a girl though, but Allison confuses easily and I didn't want her thinking that her old friend had been replaced by a new one. Your skirt turned out absolutely adorable! I'm glad Autumn loved it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You did an excellent job Paula! Such a beautiful skirt. Autumn is blessed to have such a creative mother! Thanks for sharing on Creative Monday and have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. um yes!! love this, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Elf and the idea. Thanks for linking to my party, Paula. Your friend, Linda

    http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/2012/11/christmas-ornament-party.html

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.