.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

December 17, 2012

The Gingerbread House Project ...




Saturday my home was transformed into a gingerbread house construction factory!  

The way this tradition began for my family was when Wilton came out with a gingerbread house kit. Or at least when I discovered there was a gingerbread house kit.  I thought it was a bit expensive, unless you bought one at the craft store using a coupon.   It came with all the shapes for the house, as well as the candy already chosen for you.  The kit is a nice thing if your pressed for time. Otherwise, if you want to put your personality into your house, it may not be for you.

The following year was when I decided to make gingerbread houses from scratch.  I recall being scared that it was going to be a big disaster, but guess what? If you can make sugar cookies, you can also make your own gingerbread house from scratch!  

You make the dough, roll it out, cut out your shapes and bake! I'm not saying this is a quick process, but it isn't as difficult as one might think, and one your kids will LOVE you for it!   

The next step is to make your frosting mixture, which is the glue that holds everything together. You use this to build your house, and hold the walls and roof together.  Once your house is built, and is nice and sturdy, comes the most fun part ~ decorating with CANDY!!  

This is where you and your kids can let your imaginations run wild!  You can pretty much use any small candy you like.  I bought everything in Christmas colors!  We even used colored sprinkles and a bit of edible glitter.

The best part of this project is when all the work is done you get to see your child's smile, and a look of pride on their face from what they created.  

In my opinion, making your own gingerbread house from scratch is priceless, and 100% worth the joy it brings to your children.

Below are a few photos of our process of gingerbread house building...











Before I go I have a little announcement to make...the winner of my giveaway of one set of Luxe Hair Ties from ShopLeah is .....   L Y O S H A !!!  Congratulations Lyosha, and I thank everyone who took the time to enter :)

L o o k i n g    A h e a d:

If you participate in Wordless Wednesday I'd love for you to stop by anytime after 12PM US EST tomorrow (Tuesday) and link up! I love to see what you all have to share each week :)

Friday I'll be back with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party!  The party will open {new time!!} Thursday at midnight US EST, and stays open all weekend long. I'd like to give a big thanks to my bloggy friends who have helped to make this party a success!! This past weekend there were again over 100 linkups, and the most so far!!!  Thank you!!! 



Wishing you all a lovely week!


Sincerely,

Paula
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. You. Are. Awesome.

    I cheated and bought mine at the grocery store. I won't pretend that I made it, though. My friends and family know that I'm not that crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the house! its mouth watering..
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the umbrella!!!! And congrats to the winner!!! Ohhhhhhhhh and as promised... my Elf on the Shelf mini album is up today on my bloggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gingerbread house is so festive!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had big plans to make my own from scratch this year and just didn't find the time :( Maybe next year. I do love Autumn's house! It looks so festive and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well hey there Naila Moon sent me over. I must admit I've never made a Gingerbread house, but the one Naila paired you up with has. I know this is because she is my daughter and she has four children. It's wonderful to see that she can be a SAHM. I never had that chance sorry to say, but I guess I still did a good job. So proud of her. Very nice to meet you. Love your blog. I too have a linky on Tuesdays called SHOW OFF TUESDAYS. Do stop by and share yours. MERRY CHRISTMAS & ALSO A NEW FOLLOWER. NICE TO MEET YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the sweet comments! With everything Christmas happening so fast and sick kiddos on and off I'm having a hard time keeping up with comments etc, but I truly do appreciate and read ALL of them :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Gingerbread House Paula! It is beautiful! Great job. Thanks for sharing on Creative Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Gingerbread house,I have never made one but need too :) thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays last week,featuring yours this week. Hope you can stop by and link anything else thats got you creative this week? Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the gingerbread house! I'll have to try it one day with my girls. I promised my son that I would make eggnog (we can't get it here), so that he can try it as he was curious what it tastes like. I've not done it yet and now I wonder if I should still do it before they return to school. Oh my!

    Happy New Year and thanks for linking on Make My Saturday Sweet!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.