Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

My Photo

Hi I'm Paula, a quirky, crafty Mom from New Hampshire. I have a little shop on Etsy where I sell papercrafts, softies and other random goodies :) I'm crazy about Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogging, handmade, vintage, networking, making new bloggy friends, and I'm PR friendly too :)

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

♥ Blog Lovin'! ♥

Follow Sincerely, Paula

Linky Followers

I N S T A G R A M ~ O' Snap!

NETWORKED BLOGS

January 17, 2013

10 Things I Love About ...



I prefer hot and sunny beach days to a wintry day, but living in New England there's no avoiding the winter season.  I'm not a skier, I don't like to be cold, I hate cleaning the snow off my car, and I especially hate driving in the snow.    

We haven't had all that much snow this winter, but today we finally got about 6" of the white stuff.  This got me thinking ~ is there anything I love about winter? And this is what I came up with:

1Watching the falling snow, especially at night




2} Seeing the snow-covered landscape 
once the snow ends



3} Building a snowman, (although none 
of mine ever looked this cute.




4} Drinking lots of coffee and 
hot chocolate to stay warm


5} Wearing warm, snuggly pajamas



6} Sitting by a nice warm fire



7} Playing with Autumn in the snow




8} Eating comfort foods like macaroni and cheese



9} The fact that both Christmas and 
 New Year’s fall during the winter 



10} The knowledge that spring is 
just around the corner 

What is winter like where you live? 
Do you get snow, or maybe it's warm all year 'round?
Do you like your climate, or wish it were different?  


Looking Ahead: 

Today is Thursday which means this afternoon my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party will be open!  If you haven't linked up before this party is perfect for promoting anything you like such as FB pages, Twitter, Pinterest, G+, Instagram, your blog, or Etsy shop!

The party will remain open all weekend long, and I will also be linking up with some fab parties myself :)  If you'd like to see where I party just click here --> Link Parties.  This will bring you right to my Link Party page :)


Sincerely,


Paula

16 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

I hate being cold, too. Lucky for me, though, I have all boys and an amazing husband, so I never have to shovel or clean off my car anymore - which I am VERY thankful for. I am the one in charge of making the hot chocolate when they get inside :)

Irfan Butt said...

such a lovely post..
http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com/

marty said...

We don't have much of a winter here in northwest FL and this year it seems like even less than normal. I miss it though...there is a quiet that comes in winter...a stillness in preparation for Spring. But days move on and for this morning at least we put the flip flops away and made some hot chocolate to enjoy :-)

Noor Unnahar said...

I don't live in snowy area but I really wish I could . But whenever I visit hilly areas , I love to play with snow and drink a lot of coffee.
Noor @ Noor's Place

Bethany Paige said...

Hi Paula! Great post! I totally get it. =) The sun is shining here this morning and it looks just gorgeous. But I'm still always thinking...just a couple more months till spring, ha!

Judy Haughton-James said...

You have listed 10 great reasons Paula. I have never experienced snow but from pictures I think it is so beautiful. By the way, I am a big fan of macaroni and cheese! We have a tropical climate in Jamaica but it does get a bit chilly especially in my area. Of course you would laugh at what I call chilly!:) Right now I am extra chilly as I am fighting the flu. Take good care and have a wonderful Thursday.

Beth said...

Winter where I live is ice, snow and cold. I am longing for spring.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving that photo of Autumn!!! She is sooooooooooo cute!!! I wish we had winter here in Phoenix.... even though I know it was actually colder here this past week than it was in New Jersey! LOL!! :)

Theresa said...

I hate winter, but I do agree with your list. Those are some pretty nice things that do happen in winter!

Bex said...

Lovely post :) x

aimymichelle said...

its not super cold here but not warm either. lately its just been sunny/cold or overcast. i do wish sometimes we got snow though.

Camille said...

I love all these things too! But I am anxious for Winter to end at this point. Can't wait for Spring flowers!!

mail4rosey said...

I like to watch the snow falling too, it's especially exciting when the kids see it and go bonkers, "It's snowing! It's SNOWING!" lol :)

RACHEL TaoOfPoop said...

I am so with you about winter. There are things about it that I like, even though I hate being cold. I love the four seasons and wouldn't want to live in Florida. But I DO wish winter were shorter! Great photos!

Krysti Sumpter said...

Hello,
I found your blog on the blog hop and now I am now your newest follower, would you please due the same for me?

http://www.beautybykrysti.blogspot.com

Robin Sample said...

I love winter, what a great list!