Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

My Photo

Hi I'm Paula, a quirky, crafty Mom from New Hampshire. I have a little shop on Etsy where I sell papercrafts, softies and other random goodies :) I'm crazy about Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogging, handmade, vintage, networking, making new bloggy friends, and I'm PR friendly too :)

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

♥ Blog Lovin'! ♥

Follow Sincerely, Paula

Linky Followers

I N S T A G R A M ~ O' Snap!

NETWORKED BLOGS

January 8, 2013

Handmade gifts are special because ...

... much love was put into the making of the gift, whatever it may be.  

Over the holidays this year I spent a lot of time making handmade gifts for my family.  These gifts included three yarn-wrapped wreaths, a burlap table runner with lace trim on each end, decorated mason jar candle holders, a decorated embroidery hope with fabric and felt, and a big batch of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles.

I would have loved to share these projects as I went along making them, but in my attempt to finish them on time, it didn't end up working out that way.  I also didn't take many photos, which I now regret!  But I do have photos of two of the wreaths I made, a smaller sized one for Autumn's teacher, and a larger one for my sister-in-law.







And I've also included a link to the recipe I used to make the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles because they were delicious!! They taste just like cookie dough, without the egg of course, covered in chocolate! 

With Valentine's Day coming up next they would make a great gift!! Mmm...





L O O K I N G   A H E A D :

If you participate in Wordless Wednesday I'd love for you to stop anytime after 12PM US EST and link up! I love seeing what you all have to share each week :)

Thursday will be the grand reopening of my Happy Mail Party!! This time I have an awesome co-host, Leah from Lovely Life of Leah.  This is going to be so much fun!


Sincerely,


Paula

15 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles??? Sign me up!

Those wreaths are absolutely gorgeous. I am not crafty, so the only kind of "homemade" gifts I've ever given have been baked treats, but I love, LOVE receiving homemade things from other people. It means so much more when you know they put their time into making something special just for you.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your wreaths are just soooooooooooo beautiful!! I need to try those!!!!

Kera said...

Those wreaths are beautiful! I love handmade things. Stopping by from the I Love My Online Friends hop. Have a great week!

Beth said...

The wreaths are beautiful!

HighlandFling said...

I love getting and making home made presents, so much nicer than store bought. those cookie dough truffles look amazing too!!! YUM! xx

mail4rosey said...

Those truffles do look a little more than delicious!

Lenetta Carnes said...

Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.
Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-1.html


Also,My daughter, Kisha, also is taking over Fill In the Blank Fridays. The person doing it has decided she can't do it anymore so Kisha is now doing it. Her first one is today. Would love for you to join us there also. It's a fun one. Her blog ishttp://www.kjaggers.com/2013...

You can also go to her page and at the to sign up for a reminder on both of these each week
. Again, Welcome, have a wonderful evening. :)

Noting Grace said...

Hi Paula,

I just finished up a yarn wreath and saw your's from Too Much Time's Linky Party. I had to check yours out and they are too cute! I love how they turned out. Your coordinating yarns and fabrics look wonderful!

Awesome job!

Jen @ Noting Grace

Tonna @ Navy Wifey Peters said...

Cute wreaths! I love the fabrics you used for the flowers!

T'onna @ Submarine Sunday
http://www.navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2013/01/submarine-sunday-14.html

Nancy Bandzuch said...

You always have such wonderful projects! I love reading your blog. I wanted to invite you to come link up at a party on my blog. It is a link party for OLD projects--so that we can hopefully get more traffic to our blogs using projects we've already posted. Come over and remind us of some of your favorite projects!
The link-up is live now.
http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2013/01/hello-and-welcome-to-first-oldie-but.html
Hope to see you there!
Nancy

Chloe West said...

How pretty and creative! I'm sure your family really appreciated those! Homemade gifts are DEFINITELY the best!

Chloe
http://rainbowsandhoneysuckle.blogspot.com/

Natalie B. said...

Love the wreaths :)
Thanks for sharing over on Tutorial Thursdays.
x
Natalie
www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

Bree @ Twinkle in the Eye said...

That's very sweet Paula

Julie said...

I love these types of wreaths! I made one for 4th of July last year. Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays, Paula!

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

The wreath is so pretty, Paula! Thanks for linking up at my Pin Me Linky Party.