Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

My Photo

Hi I'm Paula, a quirky, crafty Mom from New Hampshire. I have a little shop on Etsy where I sell papercrafts, softies and other random goodies :) I'm crazy about Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogging, handmade, vintage, networking, making new bloggy friends, and I'm PR friendly too :)

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

♥ Blog Lovin'! ♥

Follow Sincerely, Paula

Linky Followers

I N S T A G R A M ~ O' Snap!

NETWORKED BLOGS

February 4, 2013

Celebrate!


This weekend Taryne (sounds like Karen) turned the big 18.  For me this was always one of those days that seemed so far in the future, that when it finally arrived I was blown away.  How this day came so quickly I'll never know, but I look at the person she has grown to be and am very proud.

She is beautiful, funny, quirky like me, and smart.  She excels at both her school-work, and in music (violin and piano).  Both her and I had always thought that when she graduated from high school she would do something with music, since it's been so enjoyable for her.  But during this current school year she changed her mind about going into music, and decided to pursue a career in nursing.   This was a bit surprising, but I believe in her and think she'll be a wonderful nurse.

Last weekend we celebrated this milestone with a little family party, and one GIANT homemande birthday cake! 



If your wondering what kind of cake this is, it is a Five-Layer Neapolitan Cake.  The flavors of course are chocolate, strawberry and vanilla.  I've never made such large cake.  I've gone as far as three layers, but I never envisioned myself making something of this size!

Of course you won't be shocked to know that I found this amazing cake recipe on Pinterest.  It was originally pinned from the blog Sweetapolita.com, where there is so much baking inspiration, you'll definitely want to bookmark this site!  There are lots of recipes and gorgeous photos to go along. 





L O O K I N G   A H E A D :
Tomorrow (Tuesday) morning I will be back with some Pinteresting things, and in the afternoon beginning at 12pm US EST, my Wordless Wednesday Blog Party will be open for entries.  If you participate in Wordless Wednesday, I'd love to see what you have to share this week!

I also wanted to send out a GIANT THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to link up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party this past weekend! It makes me so happy to see that the party has grow so much from the beginning when I first started it.  


Sincerely,


Paula

14 comments:

Ai Sakura said...

Oh wow happy birthday to your girl! It now seems so far away for me but I will surely bawl when my baby girl turns 18!

That's a wonderful cake btw :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Masshole Mommy said...

Happy Birthday to Taryne!! The cake is absolutely incredible and huge kudos to you for taking on the challenge. I would have just hit the bakery LMAO.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy birthday to your girl! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Christina Morley said...

Hey Paula! Happy birthday to your amazing 18 year-old daughter! Well done on that cake and well done on raising your little girl. Nursing, that's a very important job. It's sad when nurses become hard inside and are uncaring toward their patients. She will be a huge blessing to her patients, I'm sure of that! I haven't got the patience to even think of going into that profession. Take care! Oh, and thanks for linking on my Make My Saturday Sweet!

Judy Haughton-James said...

Hi Paula,
Happy Belated Birthday to Taryne and many happy returns. I am glad you all had a wonderful celebration. The pictures are beautiful. Oh that cake must have been so delicious! Thanks for sharing on Creative Monday and enjoy the rest of your day.
Judy

Brenda said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to Taryne! What an AMAZING cake you made ... she sounds like an amazing girl, so it suited her special day well! ;*) Thanks for sharing this slice of your beautiful life with all of us! <3

Have a fabulous week, Paula!
See ya again soon! ;)
Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

Gwen said...

Wow, that cake looks fabulous! Well done!

Shelly Ann said...

Happy Birthday to her! Wonderful looking cake. Dropping by from the Creative Monday blog hop. New follower here!

Michele @ http://lovejoyjunction.blogspot.com/

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Wow! Did you make that cake? Its fantastic! My daughter would drool over the colors!

Always great to visit you.

Here is my Creative Every Day post for this week....

marty said...

Awww, happy belated birthday to your girl! And boy, oh, boy what a cake!

RACHEL TaoOfPoop said...

OK, I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but I can't believe you have adult kids. You look soooo young!! Your daughter is beautiful and that cake looks incredible! What a happy day!

Lizbeth McGow said...

My Dear Paula! wow you are a talented lady!!! you can bake too!!! wow!..well my bd is on sept 8th...just saying!...beautiful Paula! Have a great weekend my friend.
Lizy.
P.S. Came from Marigold's Loft...for some reason I'm not sure I left your girl bd wishes on WW. My Bad! Feliz Cumpleannos Taryne!!!! and many more with health, love and smiles!

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Happy Birthday!! That is one incredible cake!!! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Linky Party.

Natalie B. said...

Oh my, you weren't wrong an amazing cake!!!
Thank you so much for sharing on Tutorial Thursdays.
x
Natalie
www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com